- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
14 MALAWIANS REPATRIATED BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY after staging a three-day hunger strike to protest their quarantine at Masvingo Teachers.
TellZim reported on May 17 that the 14 Malawi citizens, who included a pregnant woman, had staged the hunger strike because processes to clear them and release them were taking too long.
They had been there for nine days and they had argued that Zimbabwe had no authority to detain them as they were in transit to Malawi from South Africa when they got detained.
Though some reports said the immigrants had been intercepted by Zimbabwe security agents while illegally travelling to South Africa, one of them told TellZim that they were in actual fact travelling to their own home country when they got detained.
The TellZim report was picked by the East African newspaper and also by NewZimbabwe.com, leading Malawi ambassador to Zimbabwe Anne Kumwenda to work repatriation processes for the immigrants.
Subsequently, a commuter minibus was sent to Masvingo in the evening of May 22 to collect the 14 to Harare from where they were put on a bus to Malawi. – TellZim