- MDC T SECRETARY GENERAL Douglas Mwonzora says MDC T will soon have an an extraordinary congress for the selection of a new MDC T leader and presidential candidate in preparation for 2018 general polls.
- The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai's mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rose
- ' (UZ) VICE CHANCELLOR Professor Levi Nyagura, was arrested on Friday for allegedly fraudulently awarding Grace Ntombizodwa Mugabe a fake Doctor of Philosophy degree achieved in only three months of study'
- FORMER finance minister Mugabes cousin Ignatius Chombo the first minister to be arrested after the ouster of former President Robert Mugabe has been arrested again, this time for allegedly demanding a bribe from a fish farmer.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-please join newzimbabwevision media platforms for regular updates, inclusive debate that has respect for all. All budding writers are welcome to send, original News articles,
SIX more immigration officers stationed at Victoria Falls and Kazungula border posts have been arrested after allegedly receiving bribes from foreigners to alter visas.
The arrest of Vincent Shoshwe, Sheilla Ndabani, Shepherd Gombwe, Simbarashe Nyamukachi, Joseph Raungana and Tichaona Munemo, brings to 16 the number of immigration workers who have been arrested at Victoria Falls and Kazungula border posts and the Victoria Falls International Airport within a month.
Shoshwe, Ndabani, Gombwe, Nyamukachi, Raungana and Munemo were arrested on Friday at their workplaces following an audit at the three ports of entry.
They were supposed to appear in court on Saturday, but prosecutors referred back documents to the police for further investigations as a full report from the auditors detailing amount stolen and nationalities of visitors is still pending. The auditors are from the Ministry of Home Affairs and have literally been camping in Victoria Falls for the past one month.
The six face fraud charges and will be summoned to court once investigations are complete.
Immigration Department principal director Mr Clemence Masango on Friday said the auditors would be stationed at the three entry points until a full report is compiled. herald