- UK coronavirus: record daily death toll of 938 in 24 hrs, as PM Johnson faces a 4th night in an Intensive Care Unit in Hospital
- 'HOLDERS OF IMMIGRATION PERMITS AND VISAS which expire during the Corona virus lockdown can continue to stay'- Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage said Statutory Instrument 83 of 2020
- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
18 children among 52 injured after a man drove his car into a crowd at a carnival in the German town of Volkmarsen.
A total of 35 people are still in hospital following the incident, while seventeen others have been treated and released.
According to Bild newspaper, the man was from the local area and was also injured.
He is reportedly in hospital with serious head injuries, and police have not yet been able to question him.
The crash in the town of about 7,000 near Kassel, north of Frankfurt, came at the height of Germany’s carnival season, with the biggest parades in Cologne, Duesseldorf and Mainz.
All other parades in the central state of Hesse were ended on Monday as a precaution.
A spokesman for Frankfurt prosecutors, Alexander Badle, said in a statement that “about 30 people” were injured, including children. They were taken to surrounding hospitals, some with life-threatening injuries.
The suspect was also injured, said Mr Badle.
“The investigation, especially into the circumstances of the crime, continues,” he said. “In particular, no information can yet be provided about a motive. The investigation is exploring all avenues.”
“This is a terrible act committed against people who simply wanted to celebrate Carnival,” said Peter Beuth, the interior minister for the state of Hesse.
He declined to comment on reports that a second person had been detained.
Chancellor Angela Merkel sent her condolences to those injured in the crash, wishing them a speedy and full recovery. She also thanked police and medical personnel involved.
Witnesses said the car drove around a barrier blocking off traffic from the parade, according to the paper.
Video from the scene showed a silver Mercedes with local licence plates on a pavement, its front windscreen badly smashed and bonnet dented, and its hazard lights blinking, while emergency crews walked by. yahoo
WELCOME EVERYONE: 299,036 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 299,036 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,836 likes
Followed by 12,855