- 'Government to bring in new emergency powers to stop corona virus spread, as, across the UK, there have been 20 positive tests'.
- AXE weilding Chiweshe woman, (37) of Chiweshe allegedly killed her husband over the paternity of their two month old baby on February 24
- "Ginimbi" Kadungure, has offered a $400 000 monthly out-of-court settlement deal with (Zimra) to clear over $3,4 million tax liabilities.
- South Korea has 17 dead, 594 new corona cases in one day, now 2,931 cases, and the highest number of confirmed cases outside China, where the outbreak started.
- A suspected Harare coronavirus woman, has been re-quarantined at the Wilkins Infectious Diseases Hospital and authorities fear they prematurely discharged her.
An estimated 18,100 people in the UK are unknowingly living with HIV, Public Health England (PHE) said as it launched the first nationally available HIV home-testing kit.
In a report released Wednesday, PHE found 103,700 Britons are living with the condition.
“Overall, the number of people living with HIV in the UK continues to increase and the number living with undiagnosed HIV remains high,” the report said.
According to PHE, vast strides have been made in HIV treatment and those diagnosed early can have a life expectancy almost as long as those who do not have the virus.
However, some 40 percent of people are “diagnosed at a late stage of infection, undermining the benefits of effective therapy, and demonstrating the need for expanded testing,” PHE said. source-rt.com
photo- Francois Lenoir / Reuters