- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
Eagle Liner owner Ghalib Ishaemel told NewsDay that the travellers who were coming from Bulawayo were attacked by protestors who robbed them of all their belongings before setting the bus on fire.Twenty-three Zimbabwean travellers to Johannesburg were on Tuesday morning attacked and robbed after their bus was hijacked by protesting South Africans near Pretoria.
Eagle Liner owner Ghalib Ishaemel told NewsDay that the travellers who were coming from Bulawayo were attacked by protestors who robbed them of all their belongings before setting the bus on fire.
Eagle Liner owner Ghalib Ishaemel, said there were 21 passengers and a two member crew. “We have managed to move all the travellers from Hammanskraal police station where they had sought refuge. Every passenger is now heading to their destination. it’s very unfortunate. but we thank God that no one was attacked or injured in the process. we have taken up the matter with police and we hope to get the best assistance,”said Ishaemel
The situation, is however, reportedly still tense, with reports that some cross-border trucks have also been burnt.
More details to follow. source-newsday