- 12 killed, 72 shot , 17 emergency life-saving operations , 12 MDC MPs arrested in last week's crippling strike, welcome to Zimbabwe!
- Five killed in accident along the Chinhoyi-Chegutu road early this morning after the vehicle rolled and threw them 20 metres from the road.
- TWELVE MDC MPs ARRESTED as army and police continue crackdown on protesters
- ACTIVISTS call for five-day, shutdown protest beginning Monday. I say destroy the caucus ,or live with it till 2023, act now, dont back down!
- ZIMBABWE Congress of Trade Unions executives have gone into hiding for fear of reprisals by State security agents after last week's nationwide protests.
SG Douglas Mwonzora says ‘President moving congress dates can’t be true as it is not in accordance with MDC principal guiding manual’ adding disregard statements by MDC Spokesperson Jacob Mapfume
In a latest development, Mwonzora has written to all Provincial Chairpersons instructing them to disregard statements by MDC Spokesperson Jacob Mapfume who said the party’s elective congress has been postponed from March to between October and December next year.
Said Mwonzora, “I refer you to the matter in today’s Daily News under the Headline Dirty money ravages MDC. The article suggests that our elective congress which was scheduled for February 2019 has been moved to a later date in 2019.
“Please be advised that all communication regarding the holding of congress is the prerogative of the Secretary General s office and you must advise all our members in your jurisdiction to disregard any other communication being peddled as false and malicious.
“In terms of clause 3, 6,4 and 3,6,5 of the party’s Code of Conduct and Regulations Annexure B of the Constitution no single branch of the party can unilaterally change the dates of congress. Byo24