- 'Mnangagwa must just look around himself for corrupt people and criminals who occupy public office'-Chamisa
- ZAPU LEADER DUMISO DABENGWA who was treated in South Africa early this year, was see in a wheelchair at Joshua Mqabuko International Airport
- Four ambulances attended as 19 people were injured in a three kombis pile up near Bulawayo Entumbane Shopping Complex yesterday.
- JOHANE MARANGE APOSTOLIC sect members forcibly remove the seriously wounded kombi driver from hospital. He drove the kombi involved in the accident that claimed 13 lives in Macheke.
- CLIMATE AND POLLUTION DISASTERS: DURBAN KZN FLOODING in South Africa, 32 dead, soon after cyclone IDAI in Mozambique and Zimbabwe, see also online photos of plastic pollution on Durban beachfront
SG Douglas Mwonzora says ‘President moving congress dates can’t be true as it is not in accordance with MDC principal guiding manual’ adding disregard statements by MDC Spokesperson Jacob Mapfume
In a latest development, Mwonzora has written to all Provincial Chairpersons instructing them to disregard statements by MDC Spokesperson Jacob Mapfume who said the party’s elective congress has been postponed from March to between October and December next year.
Said Mwonzora, “I refer you to the matter in today’s Daily News under the Headline Dirty money ravages MDC. The article suggests that our elective congress which was scheduled for February 2019 has been moved to a later date in 2019.
“Please be advised that all communication regarding the holding of congress is the prerogative of the Secretary General s office and you must advise all our members in your jurisdiction to disregard any other communication being peddled as false and malicious.
“In terms of clause 3, 6,4 and 3,6,5 of the party’s Code of Conduct and Regulations Annexure B of the Constitution no single branch of the party can unilaterally change the dates of congress. Byo24