- EX South Africa President Jacob Zuma is currently in Cuba seeking treatment for a memory loss illness linked to an alleged poison plot from 2014.
- BRITISH AMBASSADOR TO ZIMBABWE, Melanie Robinson says because of a failure to implement genuine reforms, Zimbabwe is far from joining the Commonwealth
- PASSPORT- US$318 for diaspora ZWL $53 local, and ZWL $253 FOR emergency passport , with a backlog of 359 288 passports since August 2018-NONSENSE!
- WOMEN POWER !-FINLAND'S THIRD FEMALE PRIME MINISTER, SANNA MARIN (34) IS THE WORLD'S YOUNGEST PRIME MINISTER and her new finance minister Katri Kulmuni, 32
- 10 ZIMRA OFFICIALS, SEVERAL CUSTOMS AGENTS arrested for 'smuggling vehicles into Zimbabwe-102 vehicles recovered so far'
BREAKING:CHINESE MINING COMPANY seeks to evict 20 000 people from Domboshava after it was granted granite mining rights as , in Zimbabwe mining rights supersedes the right to occupation according to a law that was passed during the Rhodesia regime
A Chinese mining company has come under fire after it sought to evict about 20 000 people in Domboshava after it was granted granite mining rights.
In a statement on Friday Deputy Government Spokesperson energy Mutodi said, “I have prematurely ended my ZITF tour in order to attend to villagers in Domboshava who are claiming a Chinese company is planning to evict 20 000 individuals from their land after it was granted mining rights to extract quarry stones from a hill in their area.”
In Zimbabwe mining rights supersedes the right to occupation according to a law that was passed during the Rhodesian days.
Chinese personnel have earned a reputation of being bossy when they come to Africa. In some parts of Mashonaland they have been reports that they evict people and mistreat workers before abusing young ladies.
Zimbabwe is a trading partner with China and they have a prisoners exchange agreement hence some of the workers who come to Zimbabwe from China will be Chinese prisoners sent to work on government projects. Source – Byo24News