- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
BREAKING:CHINESE MINING COMPANY seeks to evict 20 000 people from Domboshava after it was granted granite mining rights as , in Zimbabwe mining rights supersedes the right to occupation according to a law that was passed during the Rhodesia regime
A Chinese mining company has come under fire after it sought to evict about 20 000 people in Domboshava after it was granted granite mining rights.
In a statement on Friday Deputy Government Spokesperson energy Mutodi said, “I have prematurely ended my ZITF tour in order to attend to villagers in Domboshava who are claiming a Chinese company is planning to evict 20 000 individuals from their land after it was granted mining rights to extract quarry stones from a hill in their area.”
In Zimbabwe mining rights supersedes the right to occupation according to a law that was passed during the Rhodesian days.
Chinese personnel have earned a reputation of being bossy when they come to Africa. In some parts of Mashonaland they have been reports that they evict people and mistreat workers before abusing young ladies.
Zimbabwe is a trading partner with China and they have a prisoners exchange agreement hence some of the workers who come to Zimbabwe from China will be Chinese prisoners sent to work on government projects. Source – Byo24News