- TEN MACHETE-WIELDING ZIMBABWEANS attacked Colleen Bawn mine workers, killing one before disappearing with about 180 bags of gold ore
- TWO people died on the spot one injured after a Honda Fit car came off the road and hit them in Cowdray Park, Bulawayo yesterday.
- PLUMTREE-Amacimbi, Mopani worms food harvester faces 9 years jail for strangling a charging leopard, to save his life-POACHING?
- Raunchy dancer and singer Beverly “Bev” Sibanda, tied the knot with a UK-based medical doctor Chambuka Mupudzi at the Harare Magistrates Court yesterday.
- THE Zimbabwean Embassy in SA verifies nationalities of four suspects in the murder of a senior cop in Johannesburg's Diepsloot area.
BREAKING:CHINESE MINING COMPANY seeks to evict 20 000 people from Domboshava after it was granted granite mining rights as , in Zimbabwe mining rights supersedes the right to occupation according to a law that was passed during the Rhodesia regime
A Chinese mining company has come under fire after it sought to evict about 20 000 people in Domboshava after it was granted granite mining rights.
In a statement on Friday Deputy Government Spokesperson energy Mutodi said, “I have prematurely ended my ZITF tour in order to attend to villagers in Domboshava who are claiming a Chinese company is planning to evict 20 000 individuals from their land after it was granted mining rights to extract quarry stones from a hill in their area.”
In Zimbabwe mining rights supersedes the right to occupation according to a law that was passed during the Rhodesian days.
Chinese personnel have earned a reputation of being bossy when they come to Africa. In some parts of Mashonaland they have been reports that they evict people and mistreat workers before abusing young ladies.
Zimbabwe is a trading partner with China and they have a prisoners exchange agreement hence some of the workers who come to Zimbabwe from China will be Chinese prisoners sent to work on government projects. Source – Byo24News