- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa scuttles Vice President Chiwenga political plans
- Ex ZTA (CEO) Karikoga Kaseke dies at 62
- Self styled Italian Mafia boss exposed for abusing General Chiwenga's name to grab mines and companies
- Fife police officers die in head on collision with Trip Trans bus
- 'CHAMISA is responsible for opposition problems because of his alleged dictatorial style of leadership'
The Blue Circle bus, owned by Saymore Enterprises, was coming from Harare and had 62 passengers on board when tragedy struck. Asst Insp Dehwa said the bodies of the accident victims were taken to Masvingo General Hospital mortuary.
He said their names would be released once their next of kin have been informed. “I can confirm receiving an accident report which claimed three people on the spot and injured 29, two seriously, near Nyanda Lodge. The injured were taken to Masvingo General Hospital,” said Asst Insp Dehwa.
“The bus was travelling from Harare to South Africa. Upon reaching the 12km peg along the same road, the driver lost control and the bus veered off the road to the left side. It then overturned once before landing on its roof facing the opposite direction.”
Asst Insp Dehwa said investigations were in progress to establish what caused the bus to veer off the road.By Walter Mswazie Source: the herald