- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
SAMUEL UNDENGE, THE FORMER ZIMBABWE Energy Minister , began a two-and-a-half-year jail sentence on Friday 19 June 2020 after losing his appeal against a 2018 conviction for corruption and managing to stay out of prison on bail pending the outcome of his appeal against conviction and sentence, which was , today, thrown out by the High Court and Harare magistrate Trynos Utahwashe sent him off to finally begin his sentence in prison.
Undenge, left government after the despot former President Robert Mugabe was deposed in a military coup in 2017.
Undenge’s conviction was , for the offence of criminal abuse of office, by instructing the Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) to hire former Mugabe Zanu PF MP Psychology Maziwisa and former ZBC news anchor, Oscar Pambuka, as consultants and paying them US$12,659.
Harare magistrate Hosea Mujaya jailed him for four years, but conditionally suspended part of his sentence leaving him to serve an effective two-and-a-half years.
Armed police arrested Undenge on Thursday at home. Sibusiso Ngwenya ,