- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
HARARE: A 47-year-old man who allegedly raped his son’s 19-year-old wife, was Wednesday dragged before the magistrates’ court.
Taurayi was not asked to plead as he was charged with rape and pointing a firearm when he appeared before magistrate Hosea Mujaya.
The court remanded to Thursday for trial.
According to the state, Taurayi is employed at Zinwa Company KG 6 in Harare.
His daughter-in-law resides in Parktown Waterfalls.
It is the state’s case that sometime in November last year, the accused invited his daughter-in-law to his workplace.
It is alleged that he picked her up in town and drove her to his work place.
Prosecutors said Taurayi delayed his daughter in law until everyone left the premises and went home.
It is claimed that he took advantage of this and started to fondle the woman’s breasts while in his office.
The state alleges that Taurayi went on to push the complainant onto a sofa in his office and had sexual intercourse with her once without her consent.
The woman tried to scream but her father in law pointed a gun at her, threatening to kill her if she made any noise.
According to the state, the woman reported the matter and was referred to a hospital were a medical affidavit was processed. by Court Reporter. source -newzimbabwe