- OUTSPOKEN CLERIC ,ALSO ONE OF PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S TOP ADVISORS, Shingi Munyeza, (pictured below), yesterday said the Zimbabwe's crisis is man-made, and mainly centred on unresolved succession matrix.
- BOY (7) MURDERED, HEAD , NECK, ARMS AND LEGS HACKED OFF, IN MUREWA.A 7-year-old boy from Makore Village under Chief Mangwende in Murewa was allegedly murdered last week in a suspected case of ritual killing
- ZIMBABWE NATIONAL STUDENTS UNION (ZINASU) PRESIDENT Takudzwa Ngadziore was denied bail on Monday after a magistrate said he was a threat to public safety.
- MUM OF THREE, (31) NHS ROTHERHAM OPERATING DEPARTMENT worker chased down street and stabbed to death with machete by estranged husband (41)
- 'CORRUPT GWERU CITY WARD 11, COUNCILLOR, ALBERT CHIRAU parcelled out housing stands to his children aged 13 and five'.
Vincent Chikoore was arrested on Tuesday, having been on the run since the New Year’s Eve murder.
Chikoore and his mother were said to be tenants at the house they had moved into hours earlier on the fateful day, December 31.
The man is said to have asked their maid, the late Dudzai Hungwe, to have sex with him at around 1PM when his mother had gone into the city. Hungwe refused.
“He was angered by Hungwe’s decision and tried to force her. Hungwe then reached for the knife in a bid to scarce him away and a fight arose which resulted in Hungwe cutting his fingers,” said a source who declined to be named.
“Chikoore then grabbed the knife and stabbed her 10 times and she died on the spot.”
He appeared before Bulawayo magistrate Sheunesu Matova represented by Tanaka Muganyi from Dube, Banda, Nzarayapenga and Partners.
Matova remanded the matter to today.
Nkathazo Dlodlo for the State alleges that on December 31, a misunderstanding arose between Hungwe and Chikoore over an issue unknown to the court.
“This resulted in Chikoore stabbing the now deceased 10 times using a kitchen knife. She was stabbed four times in the chest, once on the abdomen, twice on the arm, once in the back of the head and twice on the left palm,” according to Dlodlo.
The Chronicle news screw visited Chikoore’ at home in Gwabalanda suburb yesterday.
The house was deserted.
“They were new here; it was their first day in the suburb. They had moved their property into the house earlier in the day and we were shocked to hear that someone had been killed. We really don’t know much about them,” said a neighbour.
The neighbour said the house has been deserted since the incident occurred.
Police sources said the family had moved in from Highmount.
A source said Chikoore had been left alone with the maid when he allegedy executed the savage attack.
“He was left by his mother who had gone to the city to see her daughter off to South Africa.
“When she came back she discovered that the maid had been killed. There was huge pool of blood in the bathroom where the maid’s body was lying,” said the source.
Chikoore’s arrest follows that of a 14-year-old Gweru boy on Monday for allegedly murdering their 41-year-old family maid over a memory card.
The boy who lived with the maid in Mkoba Village 20 as his parents work in Mozambique, is admitted to Gweru Provincial Hospital under police guard after attempting to commit suicide.
The boy drank a washing detergent in an attempt to kill himself when neighbours called the police.
His condition is said to be stable. The boy allegedly clobbered the maid with a hoe handle until she died on Sunday following a misunderstanding over a memory card.
He dragged the body into the toilet and stayed with it for about 20 hours, until suspicious neighbours came to investigate. They called the police after seeing the maid’s body through the window.Thandeka Moyo and Nqobile Tshili -Chronicle