- 'Ex Sunday Mail Editor Edmund Kudzayi , this week sensationally claimed that exiled ex-minister Jonathan Moyo funded the MDC 2018 presidential candidate Nelson Chamisa's election campaign'.
- BUS ACCIDENT, AGAIN! 1 passenger died and 16 were injured when a Checheche bound Inter Africa bus overturned at the 27km peg along Harare-Marondera road at 0620am , with 25 passengers on board.
- Mliswa a nephew of Zimbabwe's President Mnangagwa , forcibly grabbed a million-pound business investment in Harare nearly a decade ago from cancer patient, British businessman Paul Westwood.
- OPPOSITION MDC-ALLIANCE HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY THE ZANU PF G40 cabal, amid indications that the cabal kingpins funded the opposition outfit and did consultancy work ahead of the 2018 harmonised elections.
- A US-BASED STRATEGIC THINK TANK PREDICTS A 'resounding 2023 election victory by President Emmerson Mnangagwa to' in a revealing report released on Thursday.
A BULAWAYO RESIDENT HAS OFFERED to renovate the Athlone Cemetery fence, which was vandalised many years ago.
This is revealed in the latest council minutes.
The minutes states that the Director of Health Services reported that a request had been received from Bryan Orford a resident of the city to extend Athlone Avenue Cemetery fence.
“This extension according to the writer would come at no cost and was a philanthropic gesture from him and a sector of concerned residents. The current fence at the cemetery was old and rusted and was an eyesore. There was a need to maintain the aesthetics of the cemetery which had historical significance,” reads the minutes in part.
“The cost of replacing the fence was astronomical given the size of the area to be covered. Council had found it insurmountable to erect fences around its cemeteries hence compromised security at these revered sites.”
The minutes states that erection of a palisade fence was a welcome development which would give the cemetery a face lift and ensure security.
“In view of the aforementioned this department had no objections to the request,” reads the minutes.
The minutes states that the matter was considered and the donation to revive the fence was welcome with calls for more donations to revive fences in other cemeteries being made.
“There was a lot of fouling around the cemetery. Alderman Clayton Zana concurred. He noted that Council had resolved to erect a fence around Pelandaba extention Cemetery. He wanted to know what was the delay?. He however welcomed the initiative to extend fencing around Athlone Avenue Cemetery,” reads the minutes.
“Councillor Silas Chigora noted that wire fencing was prone to vandalism. Council should consider planting the drought resistant hedge around Pelandaba Cemetery. In response the Director of Health Services explained that the extention of a fence around Athlone cemetery was a donation.”
The minutes states that the donation was being made by a resident at no cost to the council. Byo24
WELCOME EVERYONE: 288,008 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 288,008 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,542 people like this and 24,580 people follow this
Followed by 12,814