- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,
THE PLUMTREE HIGH SCHOOL DOUBLE STOREY LLOYD HOSTEL was on Tuesday, and this has created a crisis as 120-A Level pupils will not have shelter when the second school term starts in three weeks.
The Government evaluators have assessed damage running into millions of dollars to the monumental double storey Lloyd Hostel in a case of suspected arson.
Plumtree High School has no source of alternative accommodation to house the affected returning 120 A level pupils who lived in the fire damaged hostel..
The fire was spotted by a witness on the ground floor of Lloyd House just after 9PM on Tuesday night.
Plumtree fire brigade fought the blaze but failed to extinguish the fire, when an all too famous Zimbabwe saga occured,…yes,..the fire tender broke down and couldn’t release water.
This is quite common in Zimbabwe fires and there is almost no point in calling the fire brigade when anything is on fire because its either the fire tender is out of service, breaks down on its way to the fire, arrives with no water, runs out of water, has no source of water,,, fails to pump water or a whole host of other ‘excuses’
This is so serious, and the Plumtree fire brigade actually had to send an SOS to Bulawayo Fire Brigade, 100km away which turned up two hours later clearly to confirm that the hostel had truly caught fire, because the school hostel was already a shell.
The combined fire fighting team fought the blaze for three hours and finally extinguished the smouldering shell at about 3AM on Wednesday morning. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya