- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
Peter Dirai, who was on the run, allegedly committed the crime in the company of Blessing Kunaka and Joshua Chibondo who have since appeared in court facing murder, attempted murder and robbery charges.
Dirai aka Chobhobhoribho was on the police wanted list in connection with the infamous Chinamhora killings in Domboshawa.
Prosecutor Sebastian Mutizirwa told the court that Dirai committed the offences during the night of September 7, 2012.
According to state papers, Dirai committed, Kunaka and Chibondo allegedly went to Chinamhora, Mverechena Shopping Centre on the day in question at around 8.pm, with Chibondo armed with a 19-ring chain in his satchel, while Dirai was armed with a knife.
The trio allegedly waylaid and killed Wilson Mateyu and Clemence Johanes in a space of five hours, while Charles Dhewa succumbed to the injuries and died the following day at Harare Central Hospital.
When asked to plead by Magistrate Mahwe, Dirai said he was forced to admit to the charge after police tried to shoot him.
Magistrate Mahwe remanded him in custody to the 28th of July for trial.
Meanwhile, under-fire Zanu PF Harare Provincial Youth Chairman, Godwin Gomwe’s insult and breach of Telecommunication Act trial continued this Wednesday with the witness, Faith Potsai Jogi testifying in court.
Jogi said Gomwe insulted Winnie Madekufamba at the Zanu PF December 2014 congress and said she is still aggrieved by Gomwe’s conduct.
Harare provincial magistrate Takunda Mtetwa remanded the matter to the 27th of July for continuation of the trial. Source: zbc