- TWENTY-SEVEN MBT TRANSPORT BUS passengers heading for Beitbridge were early yesterday robbed of thousands of dollars in money and valuables by three gunmen, just after the Lutumba tollgate along the Beitbridge-Masvingo highway approximately 20 kilometres before Beitbridge border town.
- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
A COMMUTER omnibus driver based in Harare allegedly hit a pedestrian in the central business district and took away the body under the pretext that he was taking him to hospital before dumping it in the bush in Kambuzuma 2.
Tirivangani Madzokere (30) appeared before magistrate Rumbidzai Mugwagwa on Saturday facing murder charges. He was remanded in custody to December 27 pending indictment to the High Court.
Allegations are that on November 17, Madzokere was driving along Chinhoyi Street and hit the now deceased Christopher Muzawazi at the intersection of Chinhoyi Street and Bute Street.
Madzokere, his conductor and a friend took the now deceased into their vehicle under the pretext that they were taking him to the hospital since he was still alive.
The State alleges instead of taking him to hospital, Madzokere drove to an open space between Kambuzuma 2 and Rugare suburbs where they dumped Muzawazi’s body.
Informant Maria Sunday, who was coming from her field in between Kambuzuma and Rugare suburbs, discovered the deceased’s body and made a police report.
A post-mortem was conducted and established that the death was due to skull bone fracture and head injuries. Investigations revealed that Muzawazi was hit by Madzokere’s kombi.
Idah Maromo appeared for the State.
Source – newsday