- ZIMBABWE:All bodies are to be treated as COVID-19 contaminated and all burials will now be done within 24 hours
- CORONAVIRUS-New York records 630 deaths in a single day with deaths rising to 3,565 in the state and 113,704 positive cases,
- CORONAVIRUS-BORIS JOHNSON has written to opposition party leaders, to come together in the national interest against Covid-19
- COVID -19: Gove confirms deaths of 7 NHS staff, warning, whatever the weather 'don't go outside to lakes and the countryside .
- 14 of 15 Ethiopians arrested, while hiding at a Gwanda homestead one week, failed to cross into SA due to Covid-19 border closure of Beitbridge Border Post
A Kuwadzana girl suffered a horrendous rape ordeal after she had her legs tied, gagged and later stashed into a suitcase.
While in the suitcase she was hidden on top of a wardrobe by her victim, Batsirai Chanakira, aged 38, a magistrate heard.
The court heard that on November 7, the girl was sent to the shops by her aunt.
Chanakira spotted her and followed the girl.
On her way from the shops, Chanakira grabbed the packet of fish that she was carrying and forcibly pushed her to the ground.
Chanakira removed his shirt and used it to gag the girl.
He also removed his trousers and used it to tie together the girl’s legs and carried her to his house.