- MDC-T leader Nelson Chamisa yesterday said he was mooting a grand coalition with National People's Party leader, Joice Mujuru, Zapu president, Dumiso Dabengwa and other smaller parties in order to dismantle President Emmerson Mnangagwa and Zanu PF's hegemony
- MDC-T NELSON CHAMISA FAIL TO CONDUCTPRIMARY ELECTIONS IN HWANGEfor the second time in few weeks as internal violence continues to dog the opposition party.
- WORLD CANCER RESERCH FUND (WCRF) suggest that ‘no amount’ of processed meat or alcohol is entirely safe and best advice is cut out bacon and alcohol to reduce cancer risk
- "Ukaona Mnangagwa, waona President, kwete Chamisa"-President Emmerson Mnangagwa's sell-out rally at Murambinda B Primary School,
- PHOTOS: BULAWAYO MDC ALLIANCE RALLY in Pelandaba stadium
A 39-YEAR-OLD Manyame Park man, Thomas Kaitano, was yesterday sentenced to 18 years’ imprisonment by a Harare magistrate after being convicted of raping a four-year-old minor at his birthday party.
The convict, who is not related to the complainant, will serve 15 years in jail after regional magistrate, Noel Mupeiwa suspended three years on condition of good behaviour.
Prosecutor, Constance Ngombengombe presented that on July 31 this year at around 6pm, the complainant was taken to a house in Manyame Park by her mother’s landlady, where Kaitano was celebrating his birthday at his friend’s residence.
Upon arrival, the complainant slept on the sofa.
At around 9pm, Kaitano carried the complainant to his friend’s vehicle, which was parked outside the gate and removed her panties and had anal sexual intercourse with her once. After abusing her, he took her back into the house, but the matter came to light when Kaitano’s friend observed that the complainant was crying and upon quizzing him on what he had been doing with the complainant outside the house, he did not respond.
Kaitano’s friend became suspicious and advised the complainant’s landlady to check if anything had been done to the minor. She observed semen and blood stains on the complainant’s backside and the matter was reported to the police, leading to Kaitano’s arrest. By Desmond Chingarande