- EMMERSON MNANGAGWA FILES OPPOSING PAPERS TO THE MDC ALLLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA'S election petition challenging the Mnangagwa’s victory in the harmonised election of 30 July 30 2018.
- MDC ALLIANCE MP ELECT FOR ZENGEZA WEST CONSTITUENCY ACCUSED OF WRECKING A MARRIAGE as he made his way back to the house of assembly recently.
- ZIMBABWE WAITED WITH BAITED BREATH FOR ZANU-PF lawyers to file their opposing papers to Nelson Chamisa's concourt case challenging Mnangagwa's victory in the harmonised elections of 30 July 2018, then all Zanu pf jaws dropped in deep shock!
- SOUTH SUDAN'S PRESIDENT SALVA KIIR LAST WEEK PROMOTED HIS WIFE Mary Ayen to the rank of a major general in the army, according to the military
- SECOND WESTMINISTER TERROR ATTACK, as Birmingham Man deliberately drives into people and towards the Parliament Houses.
A 39-YEAR-OLD Manyame Park man, Thomas Kaitano, was yesterday sentenced to 18 years’ imprisonment by a Harare magistrate after being convicted of raping a four-year-old minor at his birthday party.
The convict, who is not related to the complainant, will serve 15 years in jail after regional magistrate, Noel Mupeiwa suspended three years on condition of good behaviour.
Prosecutor, Constance Ngombengombe presented that on July 31 this year at around 6pm, the complainant was taken to a house in Manyame Park by her mother’s landlady, where Kaitano was celebrating his birthday at his friend’s residence.
Upon arrival, the complainant slept on the sofa.
At around 9pm, Kaitano carried the complainant to his friend’s vehicle, which was parked outside the gate and removed her panties and had anal sexual intercourse with her once. After abusing her, he took her back into the house, but the matter came to light when Kaitano’s friend observed that the complainant was crying and upon quizzing him on what he had been doing with the complainant outside the house, he did not respond.
Kaitano’s friend became suspicious and advised the complainant’s landlady to check if anything had been done to the minor. She observed semen and blood stains on the complainant’s backside and the matter was reported to the police, leading to Kaitano’s arrest. By Desmond Chingarande