- (MP) BYO JASMINE KOKS TOFFA REMINDS ZIMBABWEANS THAT VOTER REGISTRATION is still open and calls for the public to register,..see the list of places you can register at:
- 'EMBATTLED MDC-T VP Khupe approaches Justice ministry, demanding for US$1,8 million Political Parties Finance Act (PPFA) to be channelled to her faction'.
- APPROXIMATELY 30,000 PEOPLE ATTENDED TODAY'S MARCH AGAINST RACISM IN LONDON in an expression of unity against a rise in racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.
- GRACE MUGABE NOW HAS A NEW GRAND DAUGHTER BORN TO her son Russel Goreraza's South African girl friend Dineo Gwendoline
- ANDREW NGWENYA a.k.a ANDY MURIDZO was hauled before the courts yesterday after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident that damaged three cars.
Tennyson Ncube of Melli Mine in Shangani allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, picked up a paraffin stove and doused her before setting her on fire. Ms Mollet Mhlanga (26) of New Eclipse Mine compound, Fort Rixon, suffered severe burns following the attack at around 3AM on Monday.
The man she was found with who was only identified as Talent allegedly fled from the scene when Ncube became violent.
Ms Mhlanga is admitted to Gweru Provincial Hospital where she is battling for life in the Intensive Care Unit. A New Eclipse Mine compound resident, Mr Bangisani Ndlovu said they ran to Ms Mhlanga’s rescue after they heard her screaming.
“Ncube caught her in bed with another man who fled when he became violent. He assaulted her, doused her with paraffin before setting her alight,” said Mr Ndlovu.
He said after after the attack, Ncube disappeared into the darkness.
Matabeleland South police spokesperson Philisani Ndebele said Ncube was on the run and investigations were in progress.
“The victim is admitted to Gweru provincial Hospital in a critical condition,” he said.
Insp Ndebele urged members of the public not to engage in violence, but to seek the advice of third parties when there is a dispute.
“People should learn to involve family members, church leaders or traditional leaders for advice on how to resolve some disputes. Fighting is never a solution as it sometimes results in unnecessary loss of lives,” he said.
Two weeks ago, one person died while four others got injured in Fort Rixon after a fight broke out between a husband and wife at a bottle store when the woman caught the husband having sex with a girlfriend.