- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
Tennyson Ncube of Melli Mine in Shangani allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, picked up a paraffin stove and doused her before setting her on fire. Ms Mollet Mhlanga (26) of New Eclipse Mine compound, Fort Rixon, suffered severe burns following the attack at around 3AM on Monday.
The man she was found with who was only identified as Talent allegedly fled from the scene when Ncube became violent.
Ms Mhlanga is admitted to Gweru Provincial Hospital where she is battling for life in the Intensive Care Unit. A New Eclipse Mine compound resident, Mr Bangisani Ndlovu said they ran to Ms Mhlanga’s rescue after they heard her screaming.
“Ncube caught her in bed with another man who fled when he became violent. He assaulted her, doused her with paraffin before setting her alight,” said Mr Ndlovu.
He said after after the attack, Ncube disappeared into the darkness.
Matabeleland South police spokesperson Philisani Ndebele said Ncube was on the run and investigations were in progress.
“The victim is admitted to Gweru provincial Hospital in a critical condition,” he said.
Insp Ndebele urged members of the public not to engage in violence, but to seek the advice of third parties when there is a dispute.
“People should learn to involve family members, church leaders or traditional leaders for advice on how to resolve some disputes. Fighting is never a solution as it sometimes results in unnecessary loss of lives,” he said.
Two weeks ago, one person died while four others got injured in Fort Rixon after a fight broke out between a husband and wife at a bottle store when the woman caught the husband having sex with a girlfriend.