- UNITED STATES LAUNCHES a five-year $35 million program that will offer services to 250,000 HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children, 59,500 households, and 15,000 vulnerable youth.
- MURDER: INYATHI MAN (42) , JAILED 17 YEARS FOR KILLING A BAR PATRON in a dispute over 20 cents
- 'MDC ALLIANCE TENDENCY TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IS DISGUSTING'- Zanu-PF Director in the Commissariat, Retired Colonel George Nare
- VP CHIWENGA URGES ZANU PF SUPPORTERS WHO JOINED MDC UNDER MUGABE , to return home and assist in developing Zimbabwe as there is no hope in the opposition.
- SOLDIER ARRESTED AFTER SHOOTING HIS NIECE AND DAUGHTER in a failed attempt to shoot his wife for denying him sex.
A MUZARABANI WOMAN ALLEGEDLY THREW HER SIX WEEK OLD BABY on Wednesday down a blair toilet after a paternity row with her husband
The accused, Fungai Muzenda of Chenguruve village under chief Kasekete allegedly dumped a 6-week-old infant in a Blair toilet after a paternity row with her husband Tongai Katsande.
Her husband Katsande allegedly saw his wife dumping the baby in the blair toilet and rushed to a nearby police base in Chadereka where he reported the baby dumping.
Two police officers rushed to the scene and saved the baby who , fortunately was still alive , before they arrested the mother. The baby was rushed to Chiwenga clinic for cleaning before being transferred to St Albert’s mission.
It is also reported that baby dumping is quite common in Guruve by sex workers claiming that unwanted pregnancies hinder their promiscous behaviour.
In another sickening story, a 50-year-old Muzarabani man Betserai Mapuwei was arrested yesterday for allegedly raping a minor before conniving with a witness Takudzwa Munda to sweep the case under the carpet by giving him a traditional hen. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya