- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
A MUZARABANI WOMAN ALLEGEDLY THREW HER SIX WEEK OLD BABY on Wednesday down a blair toilet after a paternity row with her husband
The accused, Fungai Muzenda of Chenguruve village under chief Kasekete allegedly dumped a 6-week-old infant in a Blair toilet after a paternity row with her husband Tongai Katsande.
Her husband Katsande allegedly saw his wife dumping the baby in the blair toilet and rushed to a nearby police base in Chadereka where he reported the baby dumping.
Two police officers rushed to the scene and saved the baby who , fortunately was still alive , before they arrested the mother. The baby was rushed to Chiwenga clinic for cleaning before being transferred to St Albert’s mission.
It is also reported that baby dumping is quite common in Guruve by sex workers claiming that unwanted pregnancies hinder their promiscous behaviour.
In another sickening story, a 50-year-old Muzarabani man Betserai Mapuwei was arrested yesterday for allegedly raping a minor before conniving with a witness Takudzwa Munda to sweep the case under the carpet by giving him a traditional hen. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya