- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
The air crash occured when a plane reported as S2-AGU, a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, operated by US-Bangla, a Bangladeshi airline, veered off the runway on landing on Monday resulting , in a blaze.
There were 67 passengers and four crew on board the doomed flight and authorities are still to confirm the casualty toll.
At the time of writing, it was reported that seventeen people have so far been rescued from the crash and the airport is closed off to flights currently. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-bbc-The crashed plane at at Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal’s capital, Kathmandu.