- 85 UK COVID -19 DEATHS in the last 24 hours, total 45,053 deaths across all settings.
- 'UNITED NATIONS SAYS , ZIMBABWE'S POLITICAL polarisation, poor governance and a fragile economy have exacerbated people's discontent with government, adding Mnangagwa should address the root cause of the problems rather than engage in excessive use of force '.
- FORMER ZIMBABWE DEPUTY AMBASSADOR TO TANZANIA in the 1980s, Stanley Chabvepi (68) died last week and was buried over the weekend at his rural home in Mufuka village under Chief Marozva in Bikita.
- FORMER ARMY COMMANDER, VICE-PRESIDENT CONTANTINO CHIWENGA AIRLIFTED BACK TO CHINA amid reports his troubling health had deteriorated, and he has missed two Cabinet meetings and a Zanu-PF politburo meeting, among other high-profile events.
- MASVINGO CITY PLACED IN FULL LOCKDOWN BY POLICE to contain the spread of COVID-19.
FOUR people died on the spot while eight others were seriously injured after a truck they were travelling in plunged into a river in Nyanga yesterday night.
The truck, a Nissan UD (AES 4280), which was being driven by Dyton Mudzingwa (55) had 12 passengers on board .
It was also carrying bananas and sugar cane.
Police confirmed the accident which happened at around 7pm.
“As the truck was heading to Aberfolye the driver failed to engage low gears, the truck reversed and plunged into Nyamaone River. Four people died on the spot while the injured were rushed to Hauna Hospital. Two of the deceased are Shingirai Nyandove (16) and Gamuchirai Kahuchi (42). The identities of the other victims will be disclosed as soon as we contact their next of kin,” said Insp Kakohwa.
He urged motorists to exercise caution and drive safely ahead of the Independence and Easter holidays. Source – manicapost