- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,
An Alion sedan and a sewage refuse removal truck were involved in an accident at Mupfure bridge along Chegutu Harare road.
The accident happened when the Alion coming from Harare overtook in front of on coming truck and hit the kerb side of the bridge. The driver lost control and encroached on to the other Lane hitting the truck. The truck then destroyed the bridge pillars whilst the Alion that was speeding tilted and fell of the bridge killing three passengers.
The driver was badly injured and was rushed to the hospital together with one passenger who was from the truck. Rumor is saying that the driver and the passenger from the truck passed on as the arrived at the hospital.
Of the three people who died on the sport one guy was trapped and fire brigade had to cut the car to retrieve the body.
The accident blocked the road up to halfway along the road. Those coming from Chegutu direction have blocked the road up to Martin Spur.
Surely these accidents happening now are being caused by reckless driving. The idea of overtaking on bridges clearly shows madness on the party of the drivers.
Indeed we have to do a lot as a people to avert such accidents.
Source – Byo24