- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
ACCIDENT: NATIONAL DISASTER 13 DEAD,7 INJURED at Mugodhi shrine in Hwedza after a truck veered off the road and ran over them.
Zimbabwe’s president Emmerson Mnangagwa has declared Monday’s accident that claimed 13 lives in Wedza a state of disaster so that government assistance can be made available.
Yesterday, 13 people at Mugodhi shrine in Hwedza along the Hwedza-Mutiweshiri Road yesterday morning were killed after a truck carrying maize veered off the road and ran over the group pf worshippers waiting for transport on the roadside.
Six people, died on the spot and seven died on arrival at Mount St Mary’s Mission Hospital. This was a shocking accident where thousands of Mugodhi church worshipers were gathered in Chitope area for their Passover.
POLICE have identified 11 of the 13 victims who died at Mugodhi Apostolic Shrine as Paul Mupombwa, Tabeth Mupombwa, Edina Chinoda, Elite Shambamuto, Egenia Mutema, Elisha Mabaira and Josephine Kwaramba, all from Chief Nyashanu area in Buhera. Also from the same area are Mufare Makuwe, and Alice Majokota as well as Patricia Garwe from Wedza.
According to the National police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi,“The accident occurred around 11am along Hwedza-Mutiweshiri Road when a truck carrying maize side-swiped a bus which had encroached into its lane.“The lorry hit a Toyota Hilux and ran over church members who were standing by the roadside, waiting for transport,” he said The deceased were taken to Mt St Mary’s Mission Hospital mortuary. More news to follow. Sibusiso Ngwenyasee more at http://newzimbabwevision.com/accident-update13-deadseven-injured-at-mugodhi-shrine-in-hwedza-after-a-truck-veered-off-the-road-and-ran-over-them/