- BULAWAYO Council (BCC) clinics have no viral load testing (VLT) machines ,critical in anti-retroviral treatment (ART) for HIV-positive patients.
- ZIM has 1,3 million hiv+ve and 8 000 new patients a year yet gvt can't raise US$6 million for donor antiretroviral funding, Mnangagwa spent 1million flying last month
- 'TWO Bulawayo brothers, crime family Sydney and Addmore Gwatsvaira tortured, killed and their bodies dumped on a farm in South Africa'
- NEW LAW: Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA)s "gagging clauses " to stop people disclosing informationwill be reformed and banned.
- KING Lobengula descendants say they want the government to return the Sauerstown Bulawayo State House land to restore their heritage.
ACCIDENT: NATIONAL DISASTER 13 DEAD,7 INJURED at Mugodhi shrine in Hwedza after a truck veered off the road and ran over them.
Zimbabwe’s president Emmerson Mnangagwa has declared Monday’s accident that claimed 13 lives in Wedza a state of disaster so that government assistance can be made available.
Yesterday, 13 people at Mugodhi shrine in Hwedza along the Hwedza-Mutiweshiri Road yesterday morning were killed after a truck carrying maize veered off the road and ran over the group pf worshippers waiting for transport on the roadside.
Six people, died on the spot and seven died on arrival at Mount St Mary’s Mission Hospital. This was a shocking accident where thousands of Mugodhi church worshipers were gathered in Chitope area for their Passover.
POLICE have identified 11 of the 13 victims who died at Mugodhi Apostolic Shrine as Paul Mupombwa, Tabeth Mupombwa, Edina Chinoda, Elite Shambamuto, Egenia Mutema, Elisha Mabaira and Josephine Kwaramba, all from Chief Nyashanu area in Buhera. Also from the same area are Mufare Makuwe, and Alice Majokota as well as Patricia Garwe from Wedza.
According to the National police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi,“The accident occurred around 11am along Hwedza-Mutiweshiri Road when a truck carrying maize side-swiped a bus which had encroached into its lane.“The lorry hit a Toyota Hilux and ran over church members who were standing by the roadside, waiting for transport,” he said The deceased were taken to Mt St Mary’s Mission Hospital mortuary. More news to follow. Sibusiso Ngwenyasee more at http://newzimbabwevision.com/accident-update13-deadseven-injured-at-mugodhi-shrine-in-hwedza-after-a-truck-veered-off-the-road-and-ran-over-them/