- Bulawayo business community file urgent High court application to ban the Bulawayo, Monday planned MDC protest
- ' Ntabazinduna Chief Ndiweni was jailed for 18 months as a political sham trial influenced by Zanu-PF and Obert Mpofu.' Coltart
- BREAKING NEWS: MDC National Chairperson Tabitha has been arrested, in Bulawayo shortly after Chief Ndiweni was jailed for 18 months.
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW Mliswa says he wants to expose criminals and corrupt officials in Mnangagwa's government.
- 'ZIMBABWE'S dire economic situation is impacting negatively on the economic and social rights of millions'-United Nations
Kenya’s former anti-corruption czar, John Githongo, says people in the country are “cautiously optimistic” after Finance Minister Henry Rotich was arrested, along with other senior officials, on corruption charges.
Mr Rotich is due to appear in court in Tuesday. He has denied the allegations.
Mr Githongo told the BBC’s Newsday programme that it is the first time the country is seeing both the minister and the ministry’s permanent secretary being “arrested in the manner they had”.
Mr Rotich is accused of flouting procurement procedures when awarding a contract worth more than $450m (£360m) for the construction of two dams.
Explaining the significance of his arrest, Mr Githongo said “it’s a level of accountability which Kenyans are not accustomed to”. newsdayINFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Global News 4us all 208,814 members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,309 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,685 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,913 likes22,909 followers.Manages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,397 people