- COMMAND HEALTH:President Mnangagwa has appointed RTD Gen VP Chiwenga as Minister of Health and Childcare with immediate effect.
- 'OFFENCE-DRIVING WHILE BLACK'- UK COPS STOP BLACK PLAYER for driving posh car
- ZANU PF Secretary for Administration Obert Mpofu who had said, "Hashtags come and go, but ZANU PF (@ZANUPF_Official) endures beyond the trending. Actually, we are the trend-setter. Above all, #ZimbabweanLivesMatter in the heart of ZANU PF's existence. This will remain beyond the trending."
- BEITBRIDGE Border Post closed yesterday after 5 Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) employees, tested positive for COVID-19
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW, ZANU PF Harare South MP Tongai Mnangagwa tests Covid-19 positive
Addis Ababa (AFP) – US President Barack Obama landed in Ethiopia on Sunday, beginning a two-day stay and becoming the first American leader to visit Africa’s second most populous nation.
Air Force One touched down at Addis Ababa’s international airport after a short flight north from the Kenyan capital Nairobi.
The president was greeted by Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn before the 25-car convoy left for the US embassy.
The visit will include talks with the Ethiopian government, a key strategic ally but criticised for its record on democracy and human rights.
Obama will also become the first US president to address the African Union at its gleaming Chinese-built headquarters, with remarks that may touch on Africa’s democracy deficit.
He will also hold talks with regional leaders on the civil war in South Sudan. by (AFP)-Source-yahoonews
photo-US President Barack Obama arrives in Addis Ababa, on July 26, 2015 as he begins a two-day stay in Ethiopia (AFP )