- Botswana Gvt Director of Health Shipayagae, places all 57 MPs in quarantine after a parliamentary nurse tested positive for Covid-19,
- MDC ALLIANCE VP NCUBE calls for the resignation of Senators Komichi, Mudzuri and Mwonzora , for openly associating themselves with a recent court order that invalidated Nelson Chamisa's tenure as leader of the MDC opposition.
- LESSONS FOR AFRICA'S LEADERS AND THE PEOPLE REGARDING FIRST WORLD-case in Point British PM, Johnson coronavirus hospitalisation in the London St Thomas Hospital ICU
- UK coronavirus: record daily death toll of 938 in 24 hrs, as PM Johnson faces a 4th night in an Intensive Care Unit in Hospital
- 'HOLDERS OF IMMIGRATION PERMITS AND VISAS which expire during the Corona virus lockdown can continue to stay'- Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage said Statutory Instrument 83 of 2020
Addis Ababa (AFP) – US President Barack Obama landed in Ethiopia on Sunday, beginning a two-day stay and becoming the first American leader to visit Africa’s second most populous nation.
Air Force One touched down at Addis Ababa’s international airport after a short flight north from the Kenyan capital Nairobi.
The president was greeted by Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn before the 25-car convoy left for the US embassy.
The visit will include talks with the Ethiopian government, a key strategic ally but criticised for its record on democracy and human rights.
Obama will also become the first US president to address the African Union at its gleaming Chinese-built headquarters, with remarks that may touch on Africa’s democracy deficit.
He will also hold talks with regional leaders on the civil war in South Sudan. by (AFP)-Source-yahoonews
photo-US President Barack Obama arrives in Addis Ababa, on July 26, 2015 as he begins a two-day stay in Ethiopia (AFP )