- CHAMISA PROMISED YOU rural airports, sphaghetti type roads, bullet trains, Ndebele king and now Chamisa promises to install WIFI at each rural homestead,-wake up Zimbabwe!
- 'VICE PRESIDENT KEMBO MOHADI IS IN ICU IN SA,' - Jonathan Moyo
- MDC T DRAMA, BRAINS BEAT NUMBERS AS; Chamisa loses court case to Thokozani Khuphe over using the MDC T party name and loggo
- Despite a damning dossier of allegations of corruption and public disgruntlement against Harare businessman Wicknell Chivayo, President Emmerson Mnangagwa has kept the controversial Wicknell Chivayo's Intratek company on the US$200 million Gwanda solar project.
- ZANU PF HAS CONFISCATED a Ford Everest car from Mutinhiri was allocated a Ford Everest car from former Mashonaland East Provincial Affairs minister Ambrose Mutinhiri who quit Zanu pf and launched the opposition National Patriotic Front (NPF), a party by deposed former president Mugabe
Air Zimbabwe has been banned from European airspace.
This is due to “unaddressed safety deficiencies that were detected by the European Aviation Safety Agency during the assessment for a third country operator authorisation” European Commission said in a statement.
“Today the European Commission updated the EU Air Safety List, the list of non-European airlines that do not meet international safety standards, and are therefore subject to an operating ban or operational restrictions within the European Union’ reads part of the statement.
“The EU Air Safety List seeks to ensure the highest level of air safety for European citizens, which is a top priority of the Aviation Strategy adopted by the Commission in December 2015.
“… On the other hand, the airlines Med-View (Nigeria), Mustique Airways (St. Vincent and the Grenadines), Aviation Company Urga (Ukraine) and Air Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe) were added to the list due to unaddressed safety deficiencies that were detected by the European Aviation Safety Agency during the assessment for a third country operator authorisation”.
Following the issued this Tuesday , a total of 181 airlines are banned from EU skies.The ban comes at a time when the struggling airliner was seeking to to re-establish the lucrative London route.
According to the statement, the EU Air Safety List not only helps to maintain high levels of safety in the EU, but it also helps affected countries to improve their levels of safety, in order to eventually allow them to operate flights to and from airports in the European Union.
In addition, the EU Air Safety List has become a major preventive tool, as it motivates countries with safety problems to act upon them before a ban under the EU Air Safety List would become necessary.
What is The EU Safety List
The EU Safety List (i.e. “Community list of air carriers which are subject to an operating ban within the Community”) is a list of airlines which the European Commission, pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 2111/2005 of the European Parliament and the Council of 14 December 2005 on the establishment of a Community list of air carriers subject to an operating ban within the Community and on informing air transport passengers of the identity of the operating air carrier and on the basis of the advice of the EU Air Safety Committee, decided to subject to either a complete or a partial operating ban within the European Union, for failure to adhere to the applicable international safety standards. Byo24