- SCHOOL TERM 1 -15/3/21- 4 /6/21, Term2- 28/6/21 -10/9/21. Term 3-4/10/21 -17/12/21
- OPPOSITION POLITICIAN LINDA MASARIRA faces allegations of selling her landlord’s property worth US$3 140 before converting the money to her own use.
- HARARE CONTINUES TO LOSE AT LEAST 50 percent of its treated water daily due to leakages as Harare City Council officials are failing to attend to a pipe bursts.
- FORMER ZIMBABWE AMBASSADOR TO JAPAN, ALSO PERMANANT SECRETARY in the Office of the President and Cabinet Ambassador Stuart Comberbach has been appointed the country’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) Geneva Switzerland.
- REGGAE singer Bunny Wailer (73) hospitalised since his July2020 stroke, died yesterday at the Medical Associates Hospital in Kingston.
The plane was seized at OR Tambo International Airport on Wednesday, the airline’s spokesman Tafadzwa Mazonde said.
The broke airline owes ACSA payments for landing, parking and passenger service fees for flights into Johannesburg.
“That’s what is happening. It’s a temporary suspension over a cumulative debt. We’re in discussion with our shareholder (government of Zimbabwe) and we’re hopeful that we’ll find a solution,” Mazonde said, according to TimesLIVE.
The seizure of the plane forced the airline to cancel its Johannesburg-Harare flight on Wednesday evening. The aircraft also flies to Bulawayo and Victoria Falls before turning back to Harare every morning to fly Johannesburg passengers and position for the evening flight back to Harare.
It is not the first tie Air Zimbabwe has had aircraft seized by creditors. Bid Air Services of South Africa and American General Suppliers in London previously applied to attach their planes for non-payment of debts. Air Zimbabwe was forced to discontinue the London flight as its debts, now estimated at US$300 million, mounted.
The seizure of the aircraft adds to the woes of the airline which has over the years broken records, including flying with only one passenger, as it struggles to restore customer confidence after successive years of mismanagement. – ZimLiveWELCOME EVERYONE: 268,587 MEMBERS, 1000 new members a day. A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuos encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, polllution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘Twitter-@sibungwenor whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 268,587 Members2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,135 likes24,158 followers.Manages Newzimbabwevision
Followed by 12,685https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967/videos/10216973817674517/?t=