- "Ukaona Mnangagwa, waona President, kwete Chamisa"-President Emmerson Mnangagwa's sell-out rally at Murambinda B Primary School,
- PHOTOS: BULAWAYO MDC ALLIANCE RALLY in Pelandaba stadium
- In what will to the public, be one of the most disastrous retail acquisitions ever in history, an Australian firm, Wesfarmers the owner of Homebase has sold the DIY chain for just £1.
- ' MASHONALAND WEST, government minister has reportedly been arrested'
- 'ONLY THIRTY' attend Movement for Democratic Change formation led by Thokozani Khupe at their manifesto launch in Harare
The injiva, Themba Moyo (31) followed his wife Lucia Maruvisa (23) and their 18 month old son who had fled his abuse in Mberengwa to live with a relative at Nyama general dealer shop at Neta business centre in Mberengwa.
It is said Lucia Maruvisa accused South Africa based Themba Moyo of neglecting their baby and decided to move to her relative at Nyama general dealer shop at Neta business centre in Mberengwa.
Themba followed Lucia and entered the shop where Lucia was sleeping with four other children armed with an axe and butchered his ex wife then after murdering her he picked up a smaller axe and butchered his son before fleeing.
Themba was on the run for ten days before he was exposed by others and police caught up with him and placed him under arrest.
The Bulawayo High court Judge Justice Nokuthula Moyo who presided over the case , decried the fact that women in abusive relationships are stuck between a rock and hard place as whether they stay or flee, they will be subjected to similar fates as the abuser will either kill them in the matrimonial home or follow them to kill them. She even pointed out that in a space of one week she had handled three other cases of abusive men who had murdered their sposes who had been fleeing similar circumstances .
The Judge sentenced Themba Moyo to death by hanging .More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya