- President Emmerson Mnangagwa assures Tsvangirais family that Zimbabwe government will cover the R2 million health costs incurred by the late MDC leader, Morgan Tsvangirai
- Harare law firm Atherstone & Cook about his estate more than three times, apparently fearing that his beloved spouse would become a victim of property grabbing by his relatives.
- Funeral UPDATE: Tsvangirai's body flown in army chopper from One Commando barracks in Harare to Humanikwa Village, in Buhera for burial tomorrow
- MDC T SECRETARY GENERAL Douglas Mwonzora says MDC T will soon have an an extraordinary congress for the selection of a new MDC T leader and presidential candidate in preparation for 2018 general polls.
- The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai's mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rose
The injiva, Themba Moyo (31) followed his wife Lucia Maruvisa (23) and their 18 month old son who had fled his abuse in Mberengwa to live with a relative at Nyama general dealer shop at Neta business centre in Mberengwa.
It is said Lucia Maruvisa accused South Africa based Themba Moyo of neglecting their baby and decided to move to her relative at Nyama general dealer shop at Neta business centre in Mberengwa.
Themba followed Lucia and entered the shop where Lucia was sleeping with four other children armed with an axe and butchered his ex wife then after murdering her he picked up a smaller axe and butchered his son before fleeing.
Themba was on the run for ten days before he was exposed by others and police caught up with him and placed him under arrest.
The Bulawayo High court Judge Justice Nokuthula Moyo who presided over the case , decried the fact that women in abusive relationships are stuck between a rock and hard place as whether they stay or flee, they will be subjected to similar fates as the abuser will either kill them in the matrimonial home or follow them to kill them. She even pointed out that in a space of one week she had handled three other cases of abusive men who had murdered their sposes who had been fleeing similar circumstances .
The Judge sentenced Themba Moyo to death by hanging .More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya