- ZIMBABWEAN TWINS, JAILED 14 AND 15 YEARS FOR RAPING AND SEXUALLY ASSAULTING an 11-year-old girl over a period of several months in UK
- ARTISANAL MINERS, ATTACKED AND INJURED EIGHT PEOPLE WITH MACHETES IN ESIGODINI IN A a three-day gold war that saw two alleged gold barons being arrested.
- SO , ZEC CHAIRPERSON JUSTICE PRISCILLA CHIGUMBA HAS A SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ZANU PF CABINET MINISTER Winston Chitando. This presents a clear conflict of interest: if Zanu PF loses the election her lover will lose his job. She must do the right thing and resign. Ndatenda
- DOMBOSHAVA MAN ( 38) ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY ATTEMPTING to kill his three children by poisoning them.
- BULAWAYO MAN ARRESTED FOR ASSAULTING WIFE AND SHAVING HER HEAD WITH AN OKAPI KNIFE after she followed him to a sports bet shop to stop him from "wasting money."
He, however, dismissed reports that Father Takaendesa fled to England after impregnating the nun.
“Father Kevin was disciplined for impregnating a nun and I have it in writing but he went to England on holiday which was planned at the beginning of the year. As you know that it’s not easy to walk to England,” said Archbishop Thomas.
He declined to reveal details of the disciplinary measures, saying it was a private and confidential matter.
“Disciplinary procedures are there in every field and as a church we’ve a Code of Canon Law which lays down administrative policies. If there is any misconduct we use it to discipline members.
“I can confirm that he (Father Takaendesa) went to England and came back to Bulawayo. The holiday had nothing to do with impregnating the nun as that is his own personal issue,” Archbishop Thomas said.
He could not say whether or not Father Takaendesa was still serving as a priest.
Archbishop Thomas also dismissed social media reports that there was infighting within his church, saying the claims were originating from people who had no proof to substantiate them.
“I understand that a lot has been said about me and other priests but all this needs facts. I never transferred a priest to England after he impregnated a nun and I didn’t chase her away from church,” Archbishop Thomas said.
“Nuns have their own rules and systems. I don’t have to deal with nuns.”
He said social media rumours could not be taken seriously especially when one has no proof.
“I’m not worried about social media gossip mongers claiming that I’ve two cars, a house and even a child who is in South Africa. Can you bring me the title deeds, car registration books and a birth certificate to prove all this malice?” Archbishop Thomas said.
Some Catholic congregants have been circulating two long messages via WhatsApp entitled, ‘The Archdiocese of Bulawayo has suffered enough harm’ and ‘The Moment of Truth in the Archdiocese of Bulawayo’.
But Archbishop Thomas rubbished claims of impropriety saying he was aware that the scandalous messages were sent using a Vodacom line which is registered in South Africa. By Thandeka Moyo, source-Chronicle .
photo-Roman Catholic Archbishop of Bulawayo, Alex Thomas,