- Funeral UPDATE: Tsvangirai's body flown in army chopper from One Commando barracks in Harare to Humanikwa Village, in Buhera for burial tomorrow
- MDC T SECRETARY GENERAL Douglas Mwonzora says MDC T will soon have an an extraordinary congress for the selection of a new MDC T leader and presidential candidate in preparation for 2018 general polls.
- The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai's mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rose
- ' (UZ) VICE CHANCELLOR Professor Levi Nyagura, was arrested on Friday for allegedly fraudulently awarding Grace Ntombizodwa Mugabe a fake Doctor of Philosophy degree achieved in only three months of study'
- FORMER finance minister Mugabes cousin Ignatius Chombo the first minister to be arrested after the ouster of former President Robert Mugabe has been arrested again, this time for allegedly demanding a bribe from a fish farmer.
The Gwayi-Shangani Dam and plans to draw water from the Zambezi river was first mooted in 1912 but was drawn back after experiencing financial constraints, then politicised by Zanu pf and its deliberate marginalisation of the Matebeleland region .
It is interesting that the despot led regime which murdered at least 20,000 Ndebeles during gukurahundi in the early eighties and has marginalised the region since Mugabe came to power on 18 April 1980, only last week approved Treasury disbursement of US$1 Billion for the construction of a Robert Mugabe University.
It just shows the people of Zimbabwe where their allegiance is inclined towards,…not the people of Zimbabwe, least of all the massively marginalised Ndebeles.
However just like at all election campaign times, the Gwayi-Shangani Dam issue is back on the table…wake up Zimbabwe! By Sibusiso Ngwenya.