- A 19-YEAR-OLD BULAWAYO DOMESTIC WORKER FOUGHT OFF two knife-wielding men and sent them fleeing after they broke into a house and tried to rape her and her employer's daughters aged seven and 14 years,
- MDC-T National Council, the Supreme-decision-making body in between Congresses met today deliberated on key issues affecting the partyand fired the MDC T Vice President Thokozani Khuphe
- MUGABE:-BLAME NDEBELES, ZAPU AND ZIPRA FOR GUKURAHUNDI
- The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) Secretary - General Mr Raymond Majongwe has threatened to take the government to court for failing to address hunger and schooling equipment for school children after 38 years of independence.
- MDC-T NATIONAL CHAIRMAN LOVEMORE MOYO, YESTERDAY QUIT BOTH HIS POSITION AND MDC T PARTY citing, among other issues, what he called the unconstitutional power grab by leader Mr Nelson Chamisa.
As your Defence and Security Services, we are heartened by your display of composure, order and discipline during various marches which occurred at the weekend without any public violence.
Meetings with His Excellency, the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces, Cde Robert Gabriel Mugabe have gone on in an atmosphere of mutual respect and several guarantees have been made. As your Defence and Security Services, we remain seized with the operation code named “Operation Restore Legacy”. We are confident to take our beloved country out of its present circumstances and set it on the desired development trajectory.
Following the address to the Nation by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe, and Commander-in-Chief of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces last night, we have made further consultations with the President to agree on a Roadmap on the prevailing situation in the country.
The Zimbabwe Defence and Security Services are encouraged by the new developments which include contact between the President and the former Vice President, Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa, who is expected in the country shortly. Thereafter, the nation will be advised on the outcome of talks between the two. In the meantime, His Excellency and Commander-in-Chief of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces, Cde R.G. Mugabe has started processes towards a definitive solution and roadmap for the country.
As this happens, we as the Zimbabwe Defence and Security Services urge Zimbabweans to remain calm and patient, fully observing and respecting the laws of the country for the sustenance of the precious peace we should never lose.
The Zimbabwe Defence and Security Services further urge other political players, including members of the Ruling Zanu PF, the Veterans of the Liberation Struggle, Opposition Groups, Students, and generality of our people to refrain from any actions or activities that would threaten the peace, life and property. Students at the country’s various institutions, are encouraged to be calm and to proceed with their educational programmes as scheduled. THEY NEED TO REMEMBER THAT ONE DAY OF EDUCATION LOST IS DIFFICULT TO RECOVER.