- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
AT least three Zimbabweans are suspected to be part of 14 illegal miners that were shot dead in Benoni, Ekurhuleni, about 20km outside Johannesburg in South Africa in vicious fights over gold.
Six of the bodies were found lined up in a valley on Monday, while eight were found yesterday..
A miner who stays in the Springs area, Mr Gordon Manzou, said he knew three of the victims who hailed from Kwekwe.
Killings have been going on in the mine shaft since last week.
A Zimbabwean illegal miner Mr Endurance Kazembe told The Chronicle yesterday that his colleagues were ambushed by an armed gang who killed them while they were mining underground.
Zimbabwe’s consul-general in South Africa Mr Batiraishe Mukonoweshuro yesterday confirmed the killingsand said he would send the finger prints to the Registrar General and the police back home to try and identify the bodies.
Police have collected bodies some with gunshots wounds while others had sharp stab wounds.and will screen them to see if there are locals.
A newly discovered gold rich shaft number 6 in Benoni was at the centre of the deadly wars.
Its alleged the Basothos and Zulus are fighting over this new shaft, no one is willing to part with it as it contains lots and lots of gold. All the other Zimbabweans that were killed were caught in the cross fire.
In 2015, 11 Zimbabweans were killed when a generator they were using for lighting and drilling.in a disused underground mine in Benoni exploded.
The incident came a year after 22 Zimbabweans perished in a disused gold mine in Roodeport in May 2014.By Pamela Shumba., Thupelo Muleya Chronicle