- BULAWAYO Council (BCC) clinics have no viral load testing (VLT) machines ,critical in anti-retroviral treatment (ART) for HIV-positive patients.
- ZIM has 1,3 million hiv+ve and 8 000 new patients a year yet gvt can't raise US$6 million for donor antiretroviral funding, Mnangagwa spent 1million flying last month
- 'TWO Bulawayo brothers, crime family Sydney and Addmore Gwatsvaira tortured, killed and their bodies dumped on a farm in South Africa'
- NEW LAW: Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA)s "gagging clauses " to stop people disclosing informationwill be reformed and banned.
- KING Lobengula descendants say they want the government to return the Sauerstown Bulawayo State House land to restore their heritage.
A passerby called police after stumbling on the body on Tuesday afternoon. The woman was found half naked, police confirmed.
Bulawayo police spokesperson Chief Inspector Precious Simango yesterday said police are yet to establish when the crime was committed.
“Police in Bulawayo are investigating a suspected rape and murder incident which occurred in the bushy pathway connecting Richmond and Mzilikazi suburbs. The victim is believed to be approximately between 25-30 years of age. She was found by a male passerby who was on his way home,” said Chief Insp Simango.
“The passerby found the woman lying just a short distance from the path and tried to talk to her but got no response. He proceeded to his home where he told his friend about what he had seen and they revisited the scene together. That is when they discovered that the woman was actually dead and they reported the matter to the police.”
She said police who attended the crime scene observed that the woman’s dress had been pulled to her waist, leaving her partially dressed.
“Investigating officers concluded that she could have been raped and murdered. Her body was taken to the United Bulawayo Hospital mortuary for post mortem to ascertain the cause of her death,” Chief Insp Simango said.
“However, we are yet to identify her. She is dark in complexion and has unkempt hair. She was wearing a doek, navy blue dress and a pair of tennis shoes.”
Chief Insp Simango said police were appealing for information that would lead to the arrest of her suspected killer(s). Source – newsday