- RTD GEN VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S EX WIFE, MARRY MUBAIWA WAS YESTERDAY BROUGHT TO COURT IN AN AMBULANCE, carried into the building on a stretcher and then pushed into the courtroom on a wheelchair while on an intravenous injection, after a warrant of arrest was issued against her for failing to attend a court remand hearing on charges of attempted murder and externalising foreign currency.
- Johannesburg. — PRICES OF FOOD AND OTHER COMMODITIES are likely to increase as a backlash from the ongoing attacks on trucks in South Africa forces distributors to seek alternative logistics.
- SOME WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE POURING SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of money through non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to unite feuding MDC factions.
- ABUKA. — 110 RICE FARMERS KILLED BY BOKO HARAM ISLAMIST INSURGENTS in Nigeria’s northeast , a United Nations official said.
- FORMER Finance Minister, Tendai Biti has described as a ‘bank heist', businessman Kuda Tagwirei's reported acquisition of ZB Bank and becoming a major shareholder against the provisions of the Banking Act.
Zimbabwe’s Former Finance Minister Tendai Biti, is a man who has been involved in Zimbabwe’s long draw politics of confusion stretching from as far back as the early 90s when he was a University of Zimbabwe, student leader.
He was rcently appointed as the leader of the newly formed People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and like any new leader he has chosen to start on a high note by this week launching an African leader charm offensive to rally the full support force of regional and continental leaders’ behind the drive to secure a permanant solution to Zimbabwe’s daily and continuously growing crisis.
In his acceptance speech, Tendai Biti, announced that he has made an appointment with Sadc chairman and Botswana president Ian Khama, undeniably acritic of Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime and their culture of lack of respect for Human rights .
Being, what Biti terms as a Pan-Africa, social democratic party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has an international relations team, which Biti said will be headed by Willas Madzimure who is one of Zimbabwe’s former lawmakers.
They will, as from next week tengage political forces in the southern African region such as ANC in South Africa, and also opposition parties in countries like Mozambique and Tanzania, including Frelimo , Mozambique’s ruling party and, Chama-Champinduzi in Tanzania, and forge close links with both opposition and ruling forces across Africa.
Tendai Biti indicated that since childhood, he has always held the dream that Zimbabwe will be a region in which all are equal before the law, with economic and social stability, evenif it means dying for this belief.
He envisages , a Zimbabwe with respect for constitutionalism and the people’s rights , unlike the present scenario where Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime have no respect for constitutionalism or the people’s rights.
His strategy also includes , People’s Democratic Party (PDP) party’s leadership meeting this week to establish strong committees which will seek to reengage and negotiate with other opposition forces in Zimbabwe in an attempt to shape a formidable coalition against Mugabe’s government, that will be able to remove the Zanu PF regime from power in 2018.
In his own words, tendai Biti, claimed that “It is now or never. It’s either we remove Mugabe constitutionally by 2018 or we are damned because these crooks, the killers fronted by the butcher of Esigodini (Emmerson) Mnangagwa will strengthen their stranglehold on power. Our situation will be worse that it is now,”
the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) party, is leaving no stone unturned in an all out war against the despot led Zanu PF regime, as Biti , mentioned that he also has outstanding re-unification and coalition talks with Welshman Ncube’s MDC Dumiso Dabengwa’s Zapu , Simba Makoni’s Mavambo/Kusile/Dawn and Lovemore Madhuku’s NCA, indicated that he is open to negotiations with former Zanu PF stalwarts led by the recently expelled, from government, former Zimbabwe’s Vice-President Joice Mujuru. By Sibusiso Ngwenya. see more at www.newzimbabwevision.com