- MALI'S ENTIRE GOVERNMENT RESIGNS AFTER 134 people were massacred in an attack on a village in central Mali a few weeks ago.
- OVER 215 drums of bitumen (USS$4 million) were stolen at a road construction site in Chivhu last week, crime is a lifestyle in Zimbabwe.
- SILOBELA, DAM SITE BOTTLE STORE patrons shot by driver Mike Mlilo (35) at Insukamini Business Centre, 1dead, 1critically injured after they accused him of flashing them with his lights
- 'MALAWI has 10,000 Albinos, abduct, murder or mutilate albinos for wealth charms from body parts and rape albinos as an HIV cure'.
- At least 28 hippos found in Ethiopia’s national park in the southwest of the country-cause of death unknown
A three-year-old boy who went missing in the woods for two days says he was protected by a bear.
Casey Hathaway spent two nights alone in freezing conditions after disappearing from his grandmother’s garden in Ernul, North Carolina on Tuesday.
He was found tangled in thorny bushes last Thursday evening. He was wet and cold but safe, after he went missing.
The boy told his family he had been looked after by a friendly bear while he was lost in the woods.
Craven County sheriff Chip Hughes said the boy “did say that he had a friend in the woods that was a bear that was with him”.
Casey’s aunt, Breanna Hathaway, posted on Facebook: “He said he hung out with a bear for two days.
“God sent him a friend to keep him safe. God is a good God. Miracles do happen.”
Mr Hughes said the three-year-old had been playing with two other children in the back garden but did not return inside with them.
The boy said he was helped by a bear
The search for the boy involved helicopters, drones and divers and hundreds of volunteers. It had to be postponed at one stage because of heavy wind and rain.
Mr Hughes said: “He’s a survivor.”
Rescuers waded through waist-high water to reach the boy, who suffered only a few scrapes. He told rescuers he wanted some water and his mother.yahoo
Photo-Casey recovering in hospital with his rescuer, Chocowinity EMS Cpt. Shane Grier (Picture: Facebook/Breanna Hathaway)