- '180 COVID-19 DEATHS at Kettering General Hospital with three more Covid-19 deaths bringing the total now to 180 deaths'
- ZANU PF POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION-Advocate Thabani Mpofu has been detained overnight at the Rhodesville Police stn in Harare after being charged with a crime of perjury.
- AMERICA BURNS AS BLACKS FIGHT SYSTEMIC RACISM, see photos as protests spread across US over George Floyd death.
- ZANU PF WEALTH AND POWER MONOPOLY'-Mnangagwa's top bodyguard Valdano Brown, lands lucrative Covid-19 supply deals
- 14 MALAWIANS REPATRIATED BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY after staging a three-day hunger strike to protest their quarantine at Masvingo Teachers.
A three-year-old boy who went missing in the woods for two days says he was protected by a bear.
Casey Hathaway spent two nights alone in freezing conditions after disappearing from his grandmother’s garden in Ernul, North Carolina on Tuesday.
He was found tangled in thorny bushes last Thursday evening. He was wet and cold but safe, after he went missing.
The boy told his family he had been looked after by a friendly bear while he was lost in the woods.
Craven County sheriff Chip Hughes said the boy “did say that he had a friend in the woods that was a bear that was with him”.
Casey’s aunt, Breanna Hathaway, posted on Facebook: “He said he hung out with a bear for two days.
“God sent him a friend to keep him safe. God is a good God. Miracles do happen.”
Mr Hughes said the three-year-old had been playing with two other children in the back garden but did not return inside with them.
The boy said he was helped by a bear
The search for the boy involved helicopters, drones and divers and hundreds of volunteers. It had to be postponed at one stage because of heavy wind and rain.
Mr Hughes said: “He’s a survivor.”
Rescuers waded through waist-high water to reach the boy, who suffered only a few scrapes. He told rescuers he wanted some water and his mother.yahoo
Photo-Casey recovering in hospital with his rescuer, Chocowinity EMS Cpt. Shane Grier (Picture: Facebook/Breanna Hathaway)