- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders.
- 'A UK-based Zimbabwean woman was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds, inflicted allegedly by her husband.'
- High Court has cleared Kasukuwere after ruling that charges filed by prosecutors did not disclose an offence.
In yet another example of the dangerous roads in Zimbabwe, dangerous driving, non road worthy vehicles and dicing with life by being on the road, let alone public transport, nineteen people died this morning in a horrific road traffic accident.
The accident was due to a head on collision between a Toyota commuter omnibus and a haulage truck along the Harare-Beitbridge Road, at the 89km peg at Ngezi Bridge in Featherstone around 9.45am today.
According to witnesses, the haulage truck was travelling from Harare towards Masvindo, behind a kombi. The komi driver reportedly suddenly applied brakes forcing the haulage truck driver to take evasive action by swerving to the right into the lane of oncoming traffic resulting in a head on collision with the kombi travelling in the opposite direction and 16 people dyingon the spot while the other three died on admission to a hospital. Sibusiso Ngwenya More news to follow.