- One of the 11 vendors, arrested, has now reportedly died in police custody.
- BULAWAYO MAN (26) SLAUGHTERED AND BRAAOED HIS DOG in full view of his neighbours, whom he also threatened with a similar fate.
- 'Hussein Noor (43) of Harare in court for allegedly defrauding Harvest House of $200 000 after falsely claiming that he could supply bricks'.
- Langa Nyathi (43) of Godlwayo village killed his ailing younger brother with a violent kick resulting in his intestines protruding .
- 'Nomakhosi Ntabeni (25) Bulawayo killed by her Zim husband Passmore Mugari (36 in SA, before he fled to Harare with their four-year-old son'.
In yet another example of the dangerous roads in Zimbabwe, dangerous driving, non road worthy vehicles and dicing with life by being on the road, let alone public transport, nineteen people died this morning in a horrific road traffic accident.
The accident was due to a head on collision between a Toyota commuter omnibus and a haulage truck along the Harare-Beitbridge Road, at the 89km peg at Ngezi Bridge in Featherstone around 9.45am today.
According to witnesses, the haulage truck was travelling from Harare towards Masvindo, behind a kombi. The komi driver reportedly suddenly applied brakes forcing the haulage truck driver to take evasive action by swerving to the right into the lane of oncoming traffic resulting in a head on collision with the kombi travelling in the opposite direction and 16 people dyingon the spot while the other three died on admission to a hospital. Sibusiso Ngwenya More news to follow.