- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
In what is viewed as the worst incident at the Hajj religious ceremony in Mina , Saudi, since 1990, tragedy has, again, sadly befallen the annual Hajj pilgrimage in Mina in Saudi.
717 Muslims died and at least 863 were injured, in a street where that is named Street 204 after a stampede occured on Thursday morning.
The stampede occured on the outskirts of the holy city of Mecca and the toll will likely rise according to reports from Arabia’s civil defence directorate.
The Injured Muslims, were moved to a total of four hospitals which are located in the Minna region
Annually, pilgrims throng into Mina to hold a ceremony that symbolises the stoning of the devil , where they throw pebbles against three stone walls.
Because, the stampede did not happen at the site of the three stone walls, where the ‘stoning of the devil’ ritual occurs, pilgrims continued to throng into Mina for the symbolic stoning of the devil today, as the stampede was happening and afterwards. see more at www.newzimbabwevision.com. By Sibusiso Ngwenya