- CHAMISA HAS DISMISSED 145 MDC employees security personnel, directors, coordinators and office orderly who were recruited by Morgan Tsvangirai
- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
A 58-year-old British woman has died on a Ryanair flight that was just moments from taking off from Majorca.
The passenger was taken ill on the plane as it prepared to leave Palma for Edinburgh on Wednesday.
Paramedics boarded the aircraft to treat the passenger but she “sadly passed away”, Ryanair said.
The Foreign Office said officials were supporting the woman’s family.
Ryanair said in a statement: “This flight from Palma to Edinburgh (22 May) was delayed ahead of take-off after a customer became ill prior to departure.
“Paramedics boarded the aircraft after medical assistance was requested but the customer sadly passed away.
“Ryanair extends its deepest sympathies to the bereaved and is providing any assistance required.”
A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: “Our consular staff are supporting the family of a British woman following her death in Spain.”
A post-mortem will reportedly be carried out today. yahoophoto-The plane was due to depart from Palma airport in Majorca (Wikipedia/stock photo)