- GVT appoints Mass Media trustees, following a 20 year dormant Zimbabwe Mass Media Trust, which interestingly is the majority shareholder in Zimpapers.
- UK: GODFREY ZIMBIZI (23) jailed 18 months after bank customers were tricked out of more than £1million when they were sent texts asking if they’d made a large payment to Amazon, a court heard.
- “Ginimbi” who was granted $10 000 bail after 2 week imprisonment has been arrested on a fresh charge in court today where he had gone for routine remand for another matter in which he was recently granted bail by the High court.
- Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) rep to the (EU), Grace Kwinjeh, has resigned from her post to focus on her studies in South America.
- "TAGWIREI IS A DIRTY MAN. I have problems with the way he does politics. I'm not capturable" -Chamisa,
A 58-year-old British woman has died on a Ryanair flight that was just moments from taking off from Majorca.
The passenger was taken ill on the plane as it prepared to leave Palma for Edinburgh on Wednesday.
Paramedics boarded the aircraft to treat the passenger but she “sadly passed away”, Ryanair said.
The Foreign Office said officials were supporting the woman’s family.
Ryanair said in a statement: “This flight from Palma to Edinburgh (22 May) was delayed ahead of take-off after a customer became ill prior to departure.
“Paramedics boarded the aircraft after medical assistance was requested but the customer sadly passed away.
“Ryanair extends its deepest sympathies to the bereaved and is providing any assistance required.”
A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: “Our consular staff are supporting the family of a British woman following her death in Spain.”
A post-mortem will reportedly be carried out today. yahoophoto-The plane was due to depart from Palma airport in Majorca (Wikipedia/stock photo)