- 'EMBATTLED MDC-T VP Khupe approaches Justice ministry, demanding for US$1,8 million Political Parties Finance Act (PPFA) to be channelled to her faction'.
- APPROXIMATELY 30,000 PEOPLE ATTENDED TODAY'S MARCH AGAINST RACISM IN LONDON in an expression of unity against a rise in racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.
- GRACE MUGABE NOW HAS A NEW GRAND DAUGHTER BORN TO her son Russel Goreraza's South African girl friend Dineo Gwendoline
- ANDREW NGWENYA a.k.a ANDY MURIDZO was hauled before the courts yesterday after he was involved in a hit-and-run accident that damaged three cars.
- A MUZARABANI WOMAN ALLEGEDLY THREW HER SIX WEEK OLD BABY on Wednesday down a blair toilet after a paternity row with her husband .
In the early hours of today, Wednesday, round about 04:00hrs, the family of a Briton Prof Stephen Hawking , arguably the world’s most famous scientist, announced that he has died peacefully at his home in Cambridge.
Prof Stephen Hawking was known globally for his work with black holes and relativity, and went on to write numerous popular science books which included ‘A Brief History of Time’.
He is an icon to those diagnosed with short time to live as,in 1964, just at the age of 22 Prof Hawking was given only a few years to live after doctors diagnosed him as suffering with a rare form of motor neurone disease. His body gradually shut down and left him in a wheelchair, mostly unable to speak except with the use of a voice synthesiser, giving lectures and interviews and by the end he could only speak with a twitch to move an infra red beam.
Hawkings who proved that disability is not inability, was a great scientist who was as talked about as Einstein and became Britain’s most famous scientist popularity, a brilliant inspirational man, who held great influence as an ambassador for science. He is famous for saying look up at the stars, not at your feet.
Hawkins had a wife and three children then left her in 1990 for his nurse whom he later divorced again. He was well known for his sense of humour and one US TV pesenter once asked Hawkins what puzzles him the most in life and Hawkins answered, ‘women!’.
Its ironic that Professor Stephen Hawking has died on what would have been Einstein’s birthday…More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya