- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
In the early hours of today, Wednesday, round about 04:00hrs, the family of a Briton Prof Stephen Hawking , arguably the world’s most famous scientist, announced that he has died peacefully at his home in Cambridge.
Prof Stephen Hawking was known globally for his work with black holes and relativity, and went on to write numerous popular science books which included ‘A Brief History of Time’.
He is an icon to those diagnosed with short time to live as,in 1964, just at the age of 22 Prof Hawking was given only a few years to live after doctors diagnosed him as suffering with a rare form of motor neurone disease. His body gradually shut down and left him in a wheelchair, mostly unable to speak except with the use of a voice synthesiser, giving lectures and interviews and by the end he could only speak with a twitch to move an infra red beam.
Hawkings who proved that disability is not inability, was a great scientist who was as talked about as Einstein and became Britain’s most famous scientist popularity, a brilliant inspirational man, who held great influence as an ambassador for science. He is famous for saying look up at the stars, not at your feet.
Hawkins had a wife and three children then left her in 1990 for his nurse whom he later divorced again. He was well known for his sense of humour and one US TV pesenter once asked Hawkins what puzzles him the most in life and Hawkins answered, ‘women!’.
Its ironic that Professor Stephen Hawking has died on what would have been Einstein’s birthday…More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya