- RAPID COVID-19 TESTING from UK airport before checking in for departing flights, begins. Passengers flying from Heathrow to Hong Kong and Italy on Tuesday will be the first to have the option of paying for a rapid Covid test before checking in.
- BULAWAYO'S water shortages, ageing water and sewer infrastructure lead to mass diarrhoea cases in Queens Park suburb .
- A GWERU man in docks, desperate to have charges quashed, proposed , complainant said yes, court said-14 yrs jail!
- '20 Form 4 pupils at Loreto High School, Midlands have been suspended over group sexual activities in July'.
- THREE PEOPLE DIED WHEN A SPEEDING KOMBI OVERTURNED this morning after a tyre burst at Ealing farm, Mvurwi.
Bulawayo mayor Martin Moyo told hundreds of vendors at a stakeholders meeting today at the Small city hall that the June 26 deadline would be impossible for them to meet by providing legal vending sites.
As such Moyo said vendors should ‘relax’ at their illegal sites while BCC “works out something”.
1, 975 vendors have applied for vending licences.
“As council we want to assist you in the best manner as we could.
“Industries have closed and taken over by churches and many people have resorted to vending” said the MDC-T mayor.
He added “We wont be able to meet Government June 26 deadline.
“However, we pledge to work out something soon.”
Local government minister Ignatius Chombo has had several run-ins with BCC and several MDC-T led local authorities by Thobekile Zhou.Source: Byo24News