- BETWEEN 50 000 AND 100 000 ZIMBABWEANS WILL DIE OF CORONAVIRUS in the next months, Bulawayo Mpilo Clinical Director Solwayo Ngwenya has foretold.
- INFORMATION MINISTRY PERMANANT SECRETARY NICK MANGWANA has hinted at a total lockdown of Harare and Bulawayo following a spike in Covid-19 positive cases in the two cities.
- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
A MAN from Cowdray Park suburb in Bulawayo allegedly assaulted his girlfriend’s ex-husband after a confrontation.
Paul Gatsi, 28, together with his two brothers allegedly bashed Busani Ncube, 23, of Gwabalanda using a shovel, fists, and logs on his head as well as other parts of the body. The court heard Ncube is admitted to Mpilo Central Hospital due to injuries sustained.
Ncube allegedly saw his ex-wife Thubelihle Ncube walking with Gatsi and his companions when he asked to have a word with her.
Gatsi was offended and teamed up with his brothers to assault Ncube, a court heard.
He appeared before Western Commonage magistrate Themba Chimiso facing an assault charge.
Chimiso did not ask him to plead and remanded him in custody to June 1. Prosecuting, Mufaro Mageza told the court that on May 16 at around 9PM at Ezigodweni area in Cowdray Park, Ncube bumped into Gatsi walking with his ex-wife.
“As the complainant approached his ex-wife, the accused who was acting in common purpose with Norman and Eric Gatsi who are still at large started assaulting the complainant using fists, stones, shovels and logs all over his body,” said Mageza.
“The accused was arrested for the assault and his accomplices fled from the scene and are still at large.”
The prosecutor said Ncube was rushed to Mpilo Central Hospital for treatment where he is still admitted. by Melody Baya. Source: chronicle