- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
IN a bizarre case, a man from Bulawayo misrepresented himself as the father of a stillborn child before taking the body from and burying it at Luveve Cemetery.
Tineyi Machipanda pleaded guilty to supplying false information for a stillbirth when he appeared before magistrate Evelyn Mashavakure yesterday.
He was remanded in custody to June 3, 2016.
Machipanda told the court that he committed the offence just to “assist” in the burial process.
The man is not related to the grieving family, but allegedly decided to “help” them after learning that the father was away in Harare.
It was not revealed in court the role played by the mother of the stillborn child in facilitating the burial.
“I was just assisting them since the child was already dead and the father wasn’t available to facilitate the burial of the child,” he said.
Prosecuting, Alphonse Makonese, said on May 26, 2016, Machipanda and his employer, Max Changachirere, hatched a plan to bury the body.
“Changachirere called Machipanda and made a deal to misrepresent themselves as the father and the other, as the owner of a funeral parlour arranging the burial,” said Makonese.
“Machipanda went to the Registrar General’s office to collect the burial order while Changachirere went to Mpilo mortuary and signed for the body and burial was done on May 27, 2016.
“The accused misrepresented himself as the biological father of the deceased. He processed a burial order for the deceased in his name up to the process of burying the child without the presence of the father.”
Makonese also told the court that the biological father of the child is Hardlife Tadzembwa who works in Harare as a security guard. Tanaka Mrewa. source- Chronicle