- BULAWAYO FAWCETT SECURITY GUARD shot in the head with an AK-47 rifle by armed robbers on Monday night.
- KARIBA, HURUNGWE AND KWEKWE, have been identified as hotspots resulting in them being placed under localised lockdown to stem the spread of the corona virus
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW TEMBA MLISWA FACES, contempt of Parliament for allegedly abusing other Members Parliament
- 15 JUNE 1919, ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO, CAPTAIN JOHN ALCOCK AND ENGLISH PILOT ARTHUR WHITTEN BROWN flew across the Atlantic, the First Nonstop Transatlantic Flight with the help of a sextant, whisky and coffee in 1919 just eight years before Charles Lindbergh's flight.
- SIMBA MASVAURE 44-a Milton Keynes UK based Zim man found guilty of 11 sexual offences against minors over 12 years.
Emmanuel Mucheni (36) of New Parklands suburb allegedly attended to and issued a prescription to Mr Chenjerai Kudzurunga at 8th Avenue Emergency Clinic without a valid practicing certificate.
Mr Kudzurunga took the prescription to Medi Health Pharmacy located along Joshua Nkomo Street before he tendered it to the pharmacist, Mr Azeem Gaibi, intending to purchase the prescribed medicine.
Mr Gaibi discovered that the prescription was issued by Mucheni and made a police report leading to his arrest.
The medical practitioner pleaded not guilty to one count of defying the Health Professions Act before Ms Rachel Mukanga and was remanded out of custody to April 12.
Prosecuting, Mr Terrence Chakabuda said on February 18, 2021 detectives from CID Drugs and Narcotics in Bulawayo received a tip off indicating that Mucheni was discharging medical duties without a valid certificate.
“Police then set a trap before the accused by sending messages to all pharmacies within Bulawayo Central Business District to alert police if they received any prescription issued by the accused,” said the prosecutor. chronicle