- Amnesty International has called on the Zimbabwean government to drop "malicious" charges against journalist Hopewell Chin'ono and opposition MDC Alliance officials Fadzayi Mahere and Job Sikhala.
- MINISTER of State for Manicaland Provincial Affairs Minister Ellen Gwaradzimba (60) has died from Covid-19.
- ZANU PF FIRST SECRETARY FOR YOUTH AND CULTURE, veteran nationalist Morton Dizzy Paul Malianga (91) died this morning.
- AN ARMY-LINKED MINER, ANJIN INVESTMENTS (Pvt) Ltd, grabbed the most lucrative diamond claim in Marange from a firm owned by the government after being relicensed under unclear circumstances, it has emerged.
- ZIMBABWE'S COVID-19 LIKELY TO ESCALATE as one person is dying every hour in the country due to the respiratory disease, health experts have said. Currently, the daily infection rate has reached the 1 000 mark, as the second wave of COVID-19 ravages the country.
BULAWAYO POLICE ABDUCT NOMAGUGU MATHUTHU, Zimlive EDITOR, MDUDUZI MATHUTHU’S SISTER …to force Mduduzi out of hiding and hand himself over to the police.
Nomagugu was picked up after police ransacked Mathuthu’s house in search equipment allegedly used by him to incite Zimbabweans to demonstrate against President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s government.
A close associate of Mathuthu, Profesor Jonathan Moyo wrote on Twitter that, “After raiding @Mathuthu’s house, ransacking it and turning it upside down in search of imaginary subversive material for tomorrow’s demo, the @PoliceZimbabwe in Bulawayo have abducted Mduduzi’s sister, Nomagugu Mathuthu, and are illegally holding her as bait for her brother!”
According to ZimLive Mathuthu is currently in hiding -Sibusiso Ngwenya- Byo24