- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
Police have arrested 131 young people including a 13-year-old boy in Bulawayo over the infamous vuzu parties that were held in the city over the weekend.
The youths who are being held in custody will appear in court tomorrow. ZRP Acting Spokesperson for Bulawayo province, Inspector Abednico Ncube told reporters that police rounded up the youths on Saturday evening.
Some of the young people are alleged to have been drunk on alcohol and drugs. Among the arrested are 15 girls while the youngest of the juveniles is said to be 13 years old.
“We discovered alcohol, drugs and used condoms,” said Inspector Ncube. Besides alcohol which the youths are said to have been drinking, the police also found sex enhancing pills.
Meanwhile, the ZRP has appealed to parents and other members of the community to assist law enforcement agencies in dealing with the vuzu parties scourge which has rocked Bulawayo. Source – zbc