- BULAWAYO to end refuse collection from Mahatshula, Woodville, Killarney, Emhlangeni and parts of the CBD due to fuel shortages
- DUMISO DABENGWA'S MOTHER was shot dead in cold blood Rhodesian Special Branch forces in 1978 in Gwatemba
- Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals gives an update on explosion at Parirenyatwa hospital
- EX- (Zinara) boss Chitukutuku's US$20m assets frozen as he is given a 30-day ultimatum to account for everything by High Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere
- Tearful Britains 2nd female PM, Theresa May will resign as Prime Minister and Conservative Party leader on 7 June 2019.
Police have arrested 131 young people including a 13-year-old boy in Bulawayo over the infamous vuzu parties that were held in the city over the weekend.
The youths who are being held in custody will appear in court tomorrow. ZRP Acting Spokesperson for Bulawayo province, Inspector Abednico Ncube told reporters that police rounded up the youths on Saturday evening.
Some of the young people are alleged to have been drunk on alcohol and drugs. Among the arrested are 15 girls while the youngest of the juveniles is said to be 13 years old.
“We discovered alcohol, drugs and used condoms,” said Inspector Ncube. Besides alcohol which the youths are said to have been drinking, the police also found sex enhancing pills.
Meanwhile, the ZRP has appealed to parents and other members of the community to assist law enforcement agencies in dealing with the vuzu parties scourge which has rocked Bulawayo. Source – zbc