- WHO remembers that in July 2017, the despot 94 year old deposed former president Robert Mugabe the then Zanu Pf leader donated US $1 mllion of his own money to AU while the struggling Zimbabwe nation collapsed
- 'TENSION mounts between Mnangagwa and the military , amid revelations that the army is exerting overbearing influence on the executive'.
- Relations between President Emmerson Mnangagwa and deposed former president Robert Mugabe are now at an all time low after numerous developments exposed Mnangagwa's hypocrisy in keeping Mugabe safe.
- 'MDC T VP Dr Thokozani Khupe apologises to all who may have been offended by the uncharacteristic representation of MDC-T '
- BULAWAYO POLICE RECOVER THE DEAD BODY OF AN unidentified woman was found , undressed with a boulder on her head
Amos Hlori (39) works under the Police Special Tactics (PSTT) unit and is stationed at Fairbridge Police Camp.
He allegedly robbed the service station of $158 and a cellphone belonging to a petrol attendant using an AK 47.
The robbery was captured on closed circuit television (CCTV) and the victim positively identified Hlori at a parade.
Bulawayo Magistrate Mr Tinashe Tashaya did not ask Hlori to plead to attempted murder and armed robbery charges and remanded him in custody to March 15.State allegations are that on February 8 at 3AM, Hlori arrived at the service station with his head covered with a jacket hood.
Prosecuting, Mr Nkathazo Dlodlo said Hlori found one Mr Munyaradzi Mujajati (35), a petrol attendant, alone on duty, drew an AK 47 from his jacket and demanded money.
“Complainant panicked when he saw the gun. He fled into an office and pressed a panic button. Accused followed complainant and fired one shot into the office. The bullet penetrated a glass door panel, slightly missing complainant,” said Mr Dlodlo.
“Fearing for his life, Mujajati handed Hlori $158 from a fuel safe and his cell phone. The robbery was captured on CCTV. Fawcett Security Rapid Response arrived 10 minutes after accused had left.
“A police report was made. Investigating officers tracked and recovered complainant’s cell phone from a person the accused allegedly sold the gadget to.
The person implicated the accused person. Complainant managed to identify accused person at a parade”.newsTanaka Mrewa, Chronicle