- BETWEEN 50 000 AND 100 000 ZIMBABWEANS WILL DIE OF CORONAVIRUS in the next months, Bulawayo Mpilo Clinical Director Solwayo Ngwenya has foretold.
- INFORMATION MINISTRY PERMANANT SECRETARY NICK MANGWANA has hinted at a total lockdown of Harare and Bulawayo following a spike in Covid-19 positive cases in the two cities.
- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
A BULAWAYO man allegedly pretended to be a taxi driver before luring a teenager to his car and drove her to Khami Dams where he raped her at knife point before trying to buy her silence by offering her $1 and R20.
Sunday News reports that Lungani Ndlovu (35) appeared before Western Commonage magistrate Themba Chimiso facing rape charges. He was granted $200 and remanded to 27 April for trial.
Prosecuting, Mufaro Mageza said on 5 April 2016 at around 8 am, Ndlovu met the victim in Kezi and offered her a lift to Egodini bus terminus in Bulawayo where she was headed to. The victim (16), is a Form Three pupil at Joshua Mqabuko High School.
“Instead of taking the victim to Egodini, Ndlovu diverted the route and took her to his house in Emganwini where he changed the motor vehicle he was using and took another Honda Fit. Ndlovu took her to an area in Khami Dams where he produced a knife and threatened to kill her when she screamed,” he said.
The court heard that Ndlovu had sex with the victim once, without protection and without her consent.
“He raped the victim inside his car and when he was done he gave her a $1 and R20 and told her not to tell anyone. Ndlovu then drove the victim to her house in Pumula South and dropped her by the gate,” said Mageza.
Upon arrival the victim reported the matter to her relative who then proceeded to inform the police.
The victim was referred to Mpilo Hospital for medical examination. Source: Sunday News