- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
A BULAWAYO man allegedly pretended to be a taxi driver before luring a teenager to his car and drove her to Khami Dams where he raped her at knife point before trying to buy her silence by offering her $1 and R20.
Sunday News reports that Lungani Ndlovu (35) appeared before Western Commonage magistrate Themba Chimiso facing rape charges. He was granted $200 and remanded to 27 April for trial.
Prosecuting, Mufaro Mageza said on 5 April 2016 at around 8 am, Ndlovu met the victim in Kezi and offered her a lift to Egodini bus terminus in Bulawayo where she was headed to. The victim (16), is a Form Three pupil at Joshua Mqabuko High School.
“Instead of taking the victim to Egodini, Ndlovu diverted the route and took her to his house in Emganwini where he changed the motor vehicle he was using and took another Honda Fit. Ndlovu took her to an area in Khami Dams where he produced a knife and threatened to kill her when she screamed,” he said.
The court heard that Ndlovu had sex with the victim once, without protection and without her consent.
“He raped the victim inside his car and when he was done he gave her a $1 and R20 and told her not to tell anyone. Ndlovu then drove the victim to her house in Pumula South and dropped her by the gate,” said Mageza.
Upon arrival the victim reported the matter to her relative who then proceeded to inform the police.
The victim was referred to Mpilo Hospital for medical examination. Source: Sunday News