- 'Ex Sunday Mail Editor Edmund Kudzayi , this week sensationally claimed that exiled ex-minister Jonathan Moyo funded the MDC 2018 presidential candidate Nelson Chamisa's election campaign'.
- BUS ACCIDENT, AGAIN! 1 passenger died and 16 were injured when a Checheche bound Inter Africa bus overturned at the 27km peg along Harare-Marondera road at 0620am , with 25 passengers on board.
- Mliswa a nephew of Zimbabwe's President Mnangagwa , forcibly grabbed a million-pound business investment in Harare nearly a decade ago from cancer patient, British businessman Paul Westwood.
- OPPOSITION MDC-ALLIANCE HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY THE ZANU PF G40 cabal, amid indications that the cabal kingpins funded the opposition outfit and did consultancy work ahead of the 2018 harmonised elections.
- A US-BASED STRATEGIC THINK TANK PREDICTS A 'resounding 2023 election victory by President Emmerson Mnangagwa to' in a revealing report released on Thursday.
A BULAWAYO man allegedly pretended to be a taxi driver before luring a teenager to his car and drove her to Khami Dams where he raped her at knife point before trying to buy her silence by offering her $1 and R20.
Sunday News reports that Lungani Ndlovu (35) appeared before Western Commonage magistrate Themba Chimiso facing rape charges. He was granted $200 and remanded to 27 April for trial.
Prosecuting, Mufaro Mageza said on 5 April 2016 at around 8 am, Ndlovu met the victim in Kezi and offered her a lift to Egodini bus terminus in Bulawayo where she was headed to. The victim (16), is a Form Three pupil at Joshua Mqabuko High School.
“Instead of taking the victim to Egodini, Ndlovu diverted the route and took her to his house in Emganwini where he changed the motor vehicle he was using and took another Honda Fit. Ndlovu took her to an area in Khami Dams where he produced a knife and threatened to kill her when she screamed,” he said.
The court heard that Ndlovu had sex with the victim once, without protection and without her consent.
“He raped the victim inside his car and when he was done he gave her a $1 and R20 and told her not to tell anyone. Ndlovu then drove the victim to her house in Pumula South and dropped her by the gate,” said Mageza.
Upon arrival the victim reported the matter to her relative who then proceeded to inform the police.
The victim was referred to Mpilo Hospital for medical examination. Source: Sunday News