- BREAKING NEWS: -Foreign Affairs and International Trade Minister Sibusiso Moyo (SB) has died from covid and 52 people died from covid in the last 24 hours.
- ZIMBABWE RECORDED 60 COVID deaths in the last 24 hours and the capital city, Harare had the highest number with 36 deaths
- A ZIMBABWEAN WOMAN (48) WHO ASSISTED HER BOYFRIEND (36) to rape their 13-year-old daughter, was yesterday granted bail along with her lover by the Bulawayo High Court.
- KOMBO MOYANA , ZIMBABWE'S first black central bank governor Kombo James Moyana has died from covid.Moyana, who was at the helm of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe between 1983 and 1993, succumbed to Covid-19.
- UK CORONAVIRUS DEATHS-Nearly 96,000 deaths registered by 8 January 2021.
Gugulethu Ndlovu, 18, who aborted, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a suspended 12 months in prison by Magistrate Themba Chimiso.
Three months were suspended on condition that she does not commit a similar offence and the remaining nine months were suspended on condition she completes 315 hours of community service at the Western Commonage Court.
Her accomplice, Theresa Kundika, 45, pleaded not guilty.
Kundika told the court that she was a herbalist and had only given Ndlovu a potion to help her avoid a miscarriage.
She was granted $100 bail and her trial will commence on April 27.
“Ndlovu came to my homestead and asked me to assist her with a herbal potion that would prevent her having complications or a miscarriage,” she said.
Prosecuting, Mufara Mageza said that sometime in February this year, Ndlovu approached Kundika seeking to carry out an abortion.
The court heard Ndlovu was given a traditional concotion.
The abortion bid was unsuccessful and she allegedly returned to Kundika the following month and the second dose resulted in the successful termination of the pregnancy.
“Ndlovu wrapped the foetus with her waist cloth and dumped it in a drainage sewer at her house. The foetus caused the sewer to burst and Ndlovu was arrested after the waist cloth wrapping the foetus was positively identified as belonging to her leading to her arrest,” said Mageza.
Ndlovu, in her defence, said she resorted to abortion after her boyfriend deserted her. – Source-chronicle