- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
- EBOLA , (BSE)/mad cow disease, now Corona Virus from Covid affecting the whole globe-source meat..hmn-
Gugulethu Ndlovu, 18, who aborted, pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a suspended 12 months in prison by Magistrate Themba Chimiso.
Three months were suspended on condition that she does not commit a similar offence and the remaining nine months were suspended on condition she completes 315 hours of community service at the Western Commonage Court.
Her accomplice, Theresa Kundika, 45, pleaded not guilty.
Kundika told the court that she was a herbalist and had only given Ndlovu a potion to help her avoid a miscarriage.
She was granted $100 bail and her trial will commence on April 27.
“Ndlovu came to my homestead and asked me to assist her with a herbal potion that would prevent her having complications or a miscarriage,” she said.
Prosecuting, Mufara Mageza said that sometime in February this year, Ndlovu approached Kundika seeking to carry out an abortion.
The court heard Ndlovu was given a traditional concotion.
The abortion bid was unsuccessful and she allegedly returned to Kundika the following month and the second dose resulted in the successful termination of the pregnancy.
“Ndlovu wrapped the foetus with her waist cloth and dumped it in a drainage sewer at her house. The foetus caused the sewer to burst and Ndlovu was arrested after the waist cloth wrapping the foetus was positively identified as belonging to her leading to her arrest,” said Mageza.
Ndlovu, in her defence, said she resorted to abortion after her boyfriend deserted her. – Source-chronicle