- A woman (67) 'serial stowaway' sneaked past Chicago airport security, and boarded a plane to London without a ticket.
- MDC Alliance dismantling patriarchy towards a people’s movement, and promoting an inclusive people's movement that honours and respects women
- CYCLONE IDAI 300 bodies floating in water, 217 Missing, 102 Injured , 42 Marooned
- 'SEVERAL PEOPLE INJURED AFTER TRAM SHOOTING, one dead' in Dutch city of Utrecht
- Three suspected copper cable thieves were electrocuted today at Chestgate shopping centre in Chegutu -two dead
CARLIFORNIA WILDFIRES -63 DEAD, 600 MISSING-The death toll from the worst fires in US state History continues to rise in Carlifornia where two major fires are still burning and several fires have been contained. A total of 63 bodies have been found amongst the ashes and more bodies are expected to be found as resuers continue to search amongst the rubble, with at least 600 people still missing.
Hundreds of thousands of acres of forest have been destroyed.Carlifornia is the tenth largest economy in the world and generally prepares ahead for the wild fires season but the sudden evacuation of a place like Paradise that had an evacuation plan after a fire adecade ago, choked up the limited exit roads. Drought conditions and climate change have complicated the crisis, however US officials are not prepared to acknowledge the stark impact of climate change. The reconstruction of infrastructure is expected to take at least twenty years as Paradise was reduced to nothing by the fire, just rubble and ashes. More news to follow By Sibusiso Ngwenya.