- MALI'S ENTIRE GOVERNMENT RESIGNS AFTER 134 people were massacred in an attack on a village in central Mali a few weeks ago.
- OVER 215 drums of bitumen (USS$4 million) were stolen at a road construction site in Chivhu last week, crime is a lifestyle in Zimbabwe.
- SILOBELA, DAM SITE BOTTLE STORE patrons shot by driver Mike Mlilo (35) at Insukamini Business Centre, 1dead, 1critically injured after they accused him of flashing them with his lights
- 'MALAWI has 10,000 Albinos, abduct, murder or mutilate albinos for wealth charms from body parts and rape albinos as an HIV cure'.
- At least 28 hippos found in Ethiopia’s national park in the southwest of the country-cause of death unknown
Government yesterday announced it will be staggering pension payment to war veterans and spouses of national heroes and ex-political prisoners, detainees and restrictees.
In a statement, the Public Service Commission said any inconviencies caused were sincerely regretted.
“The Public Service Commission wishes to advise that the Ministry of Finance has staggered pensioners’ pay dates as follows: November 6 – war veterans’ pension, war veterans’ spouse and children’s pension, ex-political prisoners, detainees and restrictees’ spouse and children’s pension, and national heroes’ spouses and children’s pension. November 10 – rest of pensioners.” – Source-herald